Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Update on Brett's life.

So I turned in my application again today to do the phlebotomy thing again. My schedule works better with their schedule as far as I know this time, so I'm optimistic about getting the job, but trying not to get my hopes up too much if it doesn't work out.

Jason, Danny (roommates) and I are looking for another place to live in the fall. The place we wanted to go to is already sold out for fall/winter. I'm kind of torn, because I want to go to a new place and meet new people, but at the same time, this place is the perfect location because it's walking distance to Macey's and practically across the street to the phlebotomy job if I get that, and the bus stop to UVSC is right next to the apartments too . . . We're also thinking of just switching to the other ward in Cinnamon Tree. I might go to that ward a couple of times to check out the beautiful women. . . er. . . spirituality and charity of the ward.

As for school, the next big step for me is to take the TEAS test for entry into the nursing program. I'll probably take it twice as you can use your best scores on each of the different sections for your final score that gets reported along with the application to the program. I also ordered the official study manual from the company. I figure that paying for the manual and taking the test twice will be worth my expenses.

I went to see Grandpa on Sunday for a bit. He was eating dinner. I talked to him for a while. He seemed much better emotionally than he was last time I saw him. He told me the story of how he met Grandma at a dance, and what he was wearing and what she was wearing, and a bunch more. He also said a few things that really made no sense at all. Anyway, I told him what was going on in my life too. We talked for half of an hour or so. It was good to see that he seemed a happier at least.

As an update on the picture of my smashed thumb I posted on here a while ago, um, a third of my thumb nail is gone. And it's weird, 'cause it's the third that's closest to my knuckle that is missing. Fortunately, there's at least a thin thumb nail that was growing underneath my smashed nail and a layer of blood.

Well, that's all for now kids.

5 comments:

Chad Groneman said...

Since when are you missing a knuckle?

Cambrie said...

Good idea-- more wards means more friends and more girls. that's my smart brother

Kim said...

Thanks for posting the update. It's interesting to read about your life. Mom gets her updates on the phone, but I, for some reason, hate the phone.

Kim said...

So...when will you know about the phlegmotomy (whatever) thing?

Brett said...

I'm guessing that it'll probably be a week or two 'til I know.