Yesterday, Benjamin and I and Jacob were out on the patio. Jacob was playing by his sandbox, and Benjamin and I were reading a book about tornados and how they form and what kind of damage they do. We were sitting in their free standing poarch swing (like ours). There was mostly just a breeze, quite pleasant, really. But every few minutes a big gust of wind would hit, that Benjamin thought fun...and it went right along with the book we were reading about powerful winds and such. But then, a really strong gust of wind hit all of the sudden, which was strong enough that I was worried aboout Jacob getting blown over backwards (he was standing), and he started to cry cause it was blowing sand in his eyes, so I ran to go pick him up and hurry into the house, but no sooner had I picked up Jacob but Benjamin began to cry. The wind had blown the swing over on top of Benjamin, and he had done a faceplant on the cement. He had bit his lip which was bleeding, and given him a pretty good size goose-egg on his forehead and scraped up his knee and nose pretty good, and you can see where the bar that knocked him down hit on the back of his neck, but it could have been alot worse. So I was grateful it wasn't. Benjamin was pretty sure he was going to die for awhile :) but somehow miraculously, he did recover and now has battlescars to gloat over with his friends. Strange timing though, and Benjamin does have a new understanding of how powerful winds can be bad though.
Popular posts from this blog
By
Unknown
-
I'm no longer "un-officially engaged". That's right. Your teasing and blunt hinting is old news. You all know the big news. No definite date yet, but it's looking like beginning to mid-July. *sigh* Long time. It actually works out great to do it then for when Katie's parents come home and Brigham's school stuff. I told Christa I'd put up pictures on here, but I realized I don't actually have many pictures. Mom and Dad have a few. These are a couple of pictures Pictures taken with my phone today. Better pictures coming, I'm sure.
Nelson happenings
By
Cambrienelson
-
Kiera still loves her 2 blankies. She also loves dressing up and especially loves "pretty yadie shoes" (dress up shoes). We took Kiera hiking in the foothills behind our house last week for a study break for Steve. She liked it. I think she is going to LOVE hiking in the woods someday.She was 100% potty trained before albaturkey and is now 100% un-potty trained again. I'm starting my last set of clinicals this week so I'm not going to start up potty training agin. Looks like we'll just have to continue spending $100 a month on diapers for a while. Lydia has been our little spit-fire lately. She is seeking revenge in grandma's behalf on her mommy. She loves unloading everything and getting into everything. Steve thinks she is just as opinionated as I am and thinks we are in for a difficult daughter. We'll see. I introduced the hose to her this week which she loved. I just finished our annual "NOW" (Nelson Organization for Women) convention. It is...
Comments