Protecting your money Today I went and made a somewhat large withdrawal from Alpine CU, to put it into my higher interest rate savings account at Zions. They gave me the money I asked for, but did not ask for the password I had created earlier, to prevent an arbitrary person from withdrawing money from my account. This is the second time this has happened at alpine CU. To today's teller's credit, she did ask for my drivers license first, but the previous one (in A.F.) did not ask for anything. When I asked the teller why she hadn't asked for my password, she said there was a sticky note covering that corner of the screen, so she didn't see it. I called the credit union and spoke to a manager there, and was disappointed to learn that they cannot enforce that the password be obtained prior to a withdrawal. They can make the password area flash, or alternatively they can lock the account such that any transaction requires a supervisor to do it, but they can't force a password to be entered before distributing funds. The manager did say that my account was insured, and so if any money was withdrawn without my approval, they would credit it back as soon as they verify that it wasn't me. But I'd prefer my money be safe on its own. Isn't that one of the major reasons I put my money in a bank, instead of under my bed? I told the manager I would expect a system that could require a password be entered. He didn't have much to say about that, other than that my money was insured.
Popular posts from this blog
By
Unknown
-
I'm no longer "un-officially engaged". That's right. Your teasing and blunt hinting is old news. You all know the big news. No definite date yet, but it's looking like beginning to mid-July. *sigh* Long time. It actually works out great to do it then for when Katie's parents come home and Brigham's school stuff. I told Christa I'd put up pictures on here, but I realized I don't actually have many pictures. Mom and Dad have a few. These are a couple of pictures Pictures taken with my phone today. Better pictures coming, I'm sure.
Nelson happenings
By
Cambrienelson
-
Kiera still loves her 2 blankies. She also loves dressing up and especially loves "pretty yadie shoes" (dress up shoes). We took Kiera hiking in the foothills behind our house last week for a study break for Steve. She liked it. I think she is going to LOVE hiking in the woods someday.She was 100% potty trained before albaturkey and is now 100% un-potty trained again. I'm starting my last set of clinicals this week so I'm not going to start up potty training agin. Looks like we'll just have to continue spending $100 a month on diapers for a while. Lydia has been our little spit-fire lately. She is seeking revenge in grandma's behalf on her mommy. She loves unloading everything and getting into everything. Steve thinks she is just as opinionated as I am and thinks we are in for a difficult daughter. We'll see. I introduced the hose to her this week which she loved. I just finished our annual "NOW" (Nelson Organization for Women) convention. It is...
Comments