Today's blog entry is brought to you by the letter "O". Oh! An "O" looks like a tire! More words of wisdom from Pa. The price of wisdom is old age so I may as well share. I just checked Buffy's tires before she heads out to California and was shocked to find her front tires had 15 pounds of pressure in them. VERY dangerous. I think "Smokey" had around the same when I checked it last week. You should check your tires probably monthly. Buy a $2 tire gauge from Walmart. On the side of your tire it lists the maximum pressure. Usually from 32 to 44 lbs. My years of driving has taught me that it's best to keep the tires up to the maximum. Why? Tire wear and gas mileage. Both are optimized at maximum pressure. You can run at around 5 lbs below without problem if you want a smoother ride but be aware that tread wear and mileage will suffer a little. The max pressure on both Smokey and BJ's tires is 44 lbs. Running these at 15 - 20 lbs will severely wear out the outside edges of the tires in a hurry, and cut your gas mileage in half, but the worst part is that hitting even a small rock or something going 60 MPH on such underinflated tires could cause them to blow the edge seal (tubeless tires) and cause a wreck. Also, make sure your tire valves all have valve covers. Without a valve cover, little rocks & dirt can (will) get in the valve and cause it to leak. Don't trust tire places to put the right pressure. I've observed them "eyballing" it on my tires. They do tires all day, every day, and think they can guess when the right pressure is reached. They usually are quite a bit off from my experience. The also have an interest in underinflating your tires a little since they give a more comfortable ride (happy customer) and make the tires wear faster (you'll have to buy more tires) Check your own pressure.
Popular posts from this blog
By
Unknown
-
I'm no longer "un-officially engaged". That's right. Your teasing and blunt hinting is old news. You all know the big news. No definite date yet, but it's looking like beginning to mid-July. *sigh* Long time. It actually works out great to do it then for when Katie's parents come home and Brigham's school stuff. I told Christa I'd put up pictures on here, but I realized I don't actually have many pictures. Mom and Dad have a few. These are a couple of pictures Pictures taken with my phone today. Better pictures coming, I'm sure.
Nelson happenings
By
Cambrienelson
-
Kiera still loves her 2 blankies. She also loves dressing up and especially loves "pretty yadie shoes" (dress up shoes). We took Kiera hiking in the foothills behind our house last week for a study break for Steve. She liked it. I think she is going to LOVE hiking in the woods someday.She was 100% potty trained before albaturkey and is now 100% un-potty trained again. I'm starting my last set of clinicals this week so I'm not going to start up potty training agin. Looks like we'll just have to continue spending $100 a month on diapers for a while. Lydia has been our little spit-fire lately. She is seeking revenge in grandma's behalf on her mommy. She loves unloading everything and getting into everything. Steve thinks she is just as opinionated as I am and thinks we are in for a difficult daughter. We'll see. I introduced the hose to her this week which she loved. I just finished our annual "NOW" (Nelson Organization for Women) convention. It is...
Comments