Popular posts from this blog
By
Unknown
-
I'm no longer "un-officially engaged". That's right. Your teasing and blunt hinting is old news. You all know the big news. No definite date yet, but it's looking like beginning to mid-July. *sigh* Long time. It actually works out great to do it then for when Katie's parents come home and Brigham's school stuff. I told Christa I'd put up pictures on here, but I realized I don't actually have many pictures. Mom and Dad have a few. These are a couple of pictures Pictures taken with my phone today. Better pictures coming, I'm sure.
Nelson happenings
By
Cambrienelson
-
Kiera still loves her 2 blankies. She also loves dressing up and especially loves "pretty yadie shoes" (dress up shoes). We took Kiera hiking in the foothills behind our house last week for a study break for Steve. She liked it. I think she is going to LOVE hiking in the woods someday.She was 100% potty trained before albaturkey and is now 100% un-potty trained again. I'm starting my last set of clinicals this week so I'm not going to start up potty training agin. Looks like we'll just have to continue spending $100 a month on diapers for a while. Lydia has been our little spit-fire lately. She is seeking revenge in grandma's behalf on her mommy. She loves unloading everything and getting into everything. Steve thinks she is just as opinionated as I am and thinks we are in for a difficult daughter. We'll see. I introduced the hose to her this week which she loved. I just finished our annual "NOW" (Nelson Organization for Women) convention. It is...
Comments
I think there are shortcomings in our education system, but I think those shortcomings are mainly due to lack of parental involvement. I also think that federal fingers in the mix causes problems. Specifically, I bet a lot of kids don't have encouragement to do well, and spend their home time playing video games and ignoring homework. I think that no child left behind discourages creative learning.
My belief is that education should be regulated at the state level, with most of the control being in the school districts themselves.
Another question: Who's going to pay for it? And what teacher is going to work 12 hours / day at school (let alone the time they work at home).
On a side note, I am uncomfortable with Obama getting involved with every little detail of our lives. Education should not be run at the federal level, but at the state/district level.