Thoughts on JOHN McCAIN. I watched his speech last night. It was a really good "feel good" speech and though he didn't spend a lot of time on plans and issues, he did touch high level on some and did an excellent job. I've often not agreed with his positions (and neither have a lot of conservative Republicans as he votes a little more liberal than the average Republican). He spent some time saying people should be able to choose the school for their children...sounded a lot like the voucher program I'm so set against for various reasons that I won't get into. Too bad we don't hear specifics of all these plans he has. Anyway, it was a very patriotic speech, one that Obama couldn't have given. I thought it was brilliant how he didn't get into a "bash Obama" mode like Palin did. He said a lot of problems these days can be attributed to interparty bickering, which I totally agree with, and he vowed to end it. I liked his statement that he doesn't work for the party, or himself, but for the people. If that was my first introduction to John McCain, I would be totally impressed. However, it seems to be a case of what he says doesn't always match what he does. During the primary, with his ads and in the debates he was usually the one that most attacked the other people, sometimes viciously (like Mitt R). In the last few months, his campaign has thrown out many more bash Obama ads than the other way around. I dunno...I just have this feeling he says what he needs to say to win over the people then goes back to the same old stuff. It will be interesting to see he & Palin in debates with the other side the next couple of months, and see what kind of campaign he runs. I'm expecting to be disappointed, but who knows.
Popular posts from this blog
By
Unknown
-
I'm no longer "un-officially engaged". That's right. Your teasing and blunt hinting is old news. You all know the big news. No definite date yet, but it's looking like beginning to mid-July. *sigh* Long time. It actually works out great to do it then for when Katie's parents come home and Brigham's school stuff. I told Christa I'd put up pictures on here, but I realized I don't actually have many pictures. Mom and Dad have a few. These are a couple of pictures Pictures taken with my phone today. Better pictures coming, I'm sure.
By
Chad
-
It's fantastic weather here in Utah, and I decided I needed to go mountain biking today. Normally I just go biking up the Provo River Trail, but today I wanted to get onto some trails. Lucky for me the Internet decided to have some good suggestions on where to go around here, and I found this one . Previous to this experience, I've only been "Mountain Biking" at Sundance. In some ways this trail was better than Sundance, in other ways it wasn't as good. Namely that it has a good 30-40 minutes of climbing before you get to any downhill (Sundance has a lift, negating the need to climb). Climbing uphill on a bike for 30 minutes wears you out fast. I had to take a few breathers. I think I took a few wrong turns too. But, what wants to go down must go up first. I wish I could relate to you how much fun it is to bike on mountain trails, particularly the downhill ones . Flat are good too, but downhill is a blast. You go through the forest, over streams, thro...
Comments
I am in 100% agreement with him that higher taxes will drive companies out of the US, make it harder for people to afford things, and hurt the economy. I don't like Obama's plan of fixing the economy by raising taxes and building up government entities to distribute the 4% of what's left after they pay themselves.
I think McCain did a HUGE thing for himself by selecting Palin as his running mate.