Grandpa Update: Last night was a rough night. Grandpa was doing OK last evening. We wanted to talk to the surgeon but he still hadn't shown up by 7:00 and Grandpa was sleeping so we decided to go home, get dinner, etc. At about 11:30 PM the hospital called and said his vital signs were bad and he was unresponsive. When we got to the hospital he was totally out of it. He would open his eyes sometimes and he was nauseated but he didn't respond to anyone. We could tell he was in pain as when he got nauseated he would grimace hard. We had them give him some more morphine and Phenegan (sp?) which settled him down somewhat. I stayed the night and about 6:30 am he woke up, still pretty much out of it but he said "Hi son" then went back to being unresponsive. He gradually became more responsive as he drifted in and out of sleep. About 8am he woke up and was about half responsive (answered questions) and not. He knew he was in the hospital but he didn't know what month it was. The surgeon told me they would watch him today and see if he improves. They have him on the schedule this afternoon but may not operate if he doesn't improve. FYI the break is at the base of the "bump" behind the ball of the femur BONE. Chad & Brett & Bro. Fatheringham, & the Bishop gave him a blessing. Yer mom stayed at the hospital but I came home to get some food & sleep......right. As I was drifting off to sleep Grandma H called. She did that three more times before I blocked her number. By then I was too wired to go to sleep so I decided to write this on the blog and here I am. Thanks Brett/Chad for helping move those ranges. Yer mom is supposed to get her new range delivered this afternoon.
Popular posts from this blog
By
Unknown
-
I'm no longer "un-officially engaged". That's right. Your teasing and blunt hinting is old news. You all know the big news. No definite date yet, but it's looking like beginning to mid-July. *sigh* Long time. It actually works out great to do it then for when Katie's parents come home and Brigham's school stuff. I told Christa I'd put up pictures on here, but I realized I don't actually have many pictures. Mom and Dad have a few. These are a couple of pictures Pictures taken with my phone today. Better pictures coming, I'm sure.
By
Chad
-
It's fantastic weather here in Utah, and I decided I needed to go mountain biking today. Normally I just go biking up the Provo River Trail, but today I wanted to get onto some trails. Lucky for me the Internet decided to have some good suggestions on where to go around here, and I found this one . Previous to this experience, I've only been "Mountain Biking" at Sundance. In some ways this trail was better than Sundance, in other ways it wasn't as good. Namely that it has a good 30-40 minutes of climbing before you get to any downhill (Sundance has a lift, negating the need to climb). Climbing uphill on a bike for 30 minutes wears you out fast. I had to take a few breathers. I think I took a few wrong turns too. But, what wants to go down must go up first. I wish I could relate to you how much fun it is to bike on mountain trails, particularly the downhill ones . Flat are good too, but downhill is a blast. You go through the forest, over streams, thro...
Comments