Grandpa's Situation: You all know what's happening, but I want this recorded just to have the history. Grandpa broke his hip today. He was getting out of bed and reached for the wall to steady himself...but the wall wasn't where he was expecting it to be. He fell and hit his head and, now we know, broke his hip. I heard him yelling through the furnace vents. The paramedics came (if one more paramedic/fireman would have shown up we would have had to build an addition.........reminds me of the joke "how many paramedics does it take to screw in a light bulb?") We didn't know for certain he had a broken bone until they did x-rays in the emergency room. He had about 9 stitches above his left eye. The medicine doctor says his EKG shows some heart fibrillation but he's not going to worry about that until after his hip surgery. I was hoping to see the bone doctor this evening, but he hadn't shown by the time I left. I'm hoping to see him in the morning.
Popular posts from this blog
By
Unknown
-
I'm no longer "un-officially engaged". That's right. Your teasing and blunt hinting is old news. You all know the big news. No definite date yet, but it's looking like beginning to mid-July. *sigh* Long time. It actually works out great to do it then for when Katie's parents come home and Brigham's school stuff. I told Christa I'd put up pictures on here, but I realized I don't actually have many pictures. Mom and Dad have a few. These are a couple of pictures Pictures taken with my phone today. Better pictures coming, I'm sure.
By
Chad
-
It's fantastic weather here in Utah, and I decided I needed to go mountain biking today. Normally I just go biking up the Provo River Trail, but today I wanted to get onto some trails. Lucky for me the Internet decided to have some good suggestions on where to go around here, and I found this one . Previous to this experience, I've only been "Mountain Biking" at Sundance. In some ways this trail was better than Sundance, in other ways it wasn't as good. Namely that it has a good 30-40 minutes of climbing before you get to any downhill (Sundance has a lift, negating the need to climb). Climbing uphill on a bike for 30 minutes wears you out fast. I had to take a few breathers. I think I took a few wrong turns too. But, what wants to go down must go up first. I wish I could relate to you how much fun it is to bike on mountain trails, particularly the downhill ones . Flat are good too, but downhill is a blast. You go through the forest, over streams, thro...
Comments