'nuther Grandpa Update: He's doing better. Brett stayed the first part of the night with him and I relieved him at 2am. He was asleep and still doing some gurgling. I had the nurse vacuum out his throat and he sounded better. About 3:30 he woke up and said "oh Hi son!" I talked to him for about 30 minutes. He wasn't carrying on a real intelligent conversation but he would respond to almost everything I said. He then went back to sleep. After Saundra showed up this morning he did the same thing. Both times he was hurting and they gave him morphine and put him back to sleep. Either way, he's still not up to fielding phone calls. This morning the nurse said his pneumonia sounded a lot better. They had decided last night that they are going to go ahead with the surgery. The surgeon said they had to fit him in today "after the elective surgeries and between the scheduled ones." The nurse said they were stuck between a rock and a hard place. Don't operate and he may die. Operate and he may die. At least after operating they will be able to move him about. He definitely doesn't like to be moved and they are just moving him slightly with pillows to change the pressure points until he has the surgery. Well. Stay tuned for more updates after the operation.
Popular posts from this blog
By
Unknown
-
I'm no longer "un-officially engaged". That's right. Your teasing and blunt hinting is old news. You all know the big news. No definite date yet, but it's looking like beginning to mid-July. *sigh* Long time. It actually works out great to do it then for when Katie's parents come home and Brigham's school stuff. I told Christa I'd put up pictures on here, but I realized I don't actually have many pictures. Mom and Dad have a few. These are a couple of pictures Pictures taken with my phone today. Better pictures coming, I'm sure.
By
Chad
-
Update on Me (if anybody cares) The Dr's office called yesterday and said they'd scheduled an appointment for discussing taking care of my thyroid through radiation. I said OK. Then, the Radiologist called me an hour later and said he wanted to do it over the phone, and give me the radiation treatment today. So I talked with him for quite a while. He says I have Graves disease (updated : I previously said White's disease), and highly recommended the radiation treatment, although there are a couple of other options. After weighing out the options, I've decided to go ahead and do the radiation treatment, because it doesn't completely kill the thyroid. It just severely hurts it. I'll be taking a good dose of Iodine-131 , which has the sideaffect of not being around my unborn baby for a while, which in turn means staying away from Erica. That won't be fun.
Comments