I like it when Novell spoils us! It seems like they spoil Kim all of the time these days...lotsa days when he's not hungry for dinner because they fed him a big fancy lunch...but in addition to that, yesterday he won a digital camera AND they took us up to Sundance where we ate sumptuously...fillet mignon, 4 appetizers, salad, dessert. I came home entirely too full to sleep properly...but it was sure fun getting miserable! Those dinners had to cost $80.00 each and there was a bout 40 of Kim's group there. Glad I wasn't assigned to pick up the tab! And then Kim's boss, Kim (a girl), told him how much his bonus is this year...more than it has ever been. Then this morning, from 10-1pm they did the family part of this Christmas social at FAT CATS in Provo, where we humiliated ourselves in bowling in front of Brett and Katie, who of course got to come too. We knew that Chad and Erica couldn't do it with a new baby, so we didn't even call them. They also fed us a Cafe Rio type lunch. We discovered why you never see old folks bowling: Kim and I both bowled with difficulty with our joints aching from doing it! Me, in my hand, and Kim elbow and shoulder. So, unless we find some duck pin bowling somewhere, we won't ever pay to bowl again. We also played some Air hockey, and pool. Katie totally whooped us at bowling! Actually Kim and I both played 2 games before Brett and Katie arrived, and on the second one we both got our best scores ever...but that was just before doing about our worst game since we were 10! Oh well, nothing like consistency, eh? It was a lot of fun. Which the rest of you could have joined us.
Popular posts from this blog
By
Unknown
-
I'm no longer "un-officially engaged". That's right. Your teasing and blunt hinting is old news. You all know the big news. No definite date yet, but it's looking like beginning to mid-July. *sigh* Long time. It actually works out great to do it then for when Katie's parents come home and Brigham's school stuff. I told Christa I'd put up pictures on here, but I realized I don't actually have many pictures. Mom and Dad have a few. These are a couple of pictures Pictures taken with my phone today. Better pictures coming, I'm sure.
Nelson happenings
By
Cambrienelson
-
Kiera still loves her 2 blankies. She also loves dressing up and especially loves "pretty yadie shoes" (dress up shoes). We took Kiera hiking in the foothills behind our house last week for a study break for Steve. She liked it. I think she is going to LOVE hiking in the woods someday.She was 100% potty trained before albaturkey and is now 100% un-potty trained again. I'm starting my last set of clinicals this week so I'm not going to start up potty training agin. Looks like we'll just have to continue spending $100 a month on diapers for a while. Lydia has been our little spit-fire lately. She is seeking revenge in grandma's behalf on her mommy. She loves unloading everything and getting into everything. Steve thinks she is just as opinionated as I am and thinks we are in for a difficult daughter. We'll see. I introduced the hose to her this week which she loved. I just finished our annual "NOW" (Nelson Organization for Women) convention. It is...
Comments