I just thought that I should let all of you know that my mom is in the hospital right now. She was having some chest pain so she wanted dad to take her to the ER. Her blood pressure is really high, and they said if they don't get it fixed that she will likely have a stroke or heart attack in the next 4 days. And heart attacks and strokes don't always kill, often they just leave you maimed, which would put her into a care center at $ 4,000.00 per month. Thus the dilemma: To fix or not to fix, that is the question. Mom's request was to go to the hospital, but then when they wanted to admit her, then she was refusing to stay...she wanted to go home, so she was on her way out of the hospital, even while still hooked up to medical devices. If she goes home, 99% chance is that dad won't be able to get her to come back for any procedures. Right now, they are planning on doing a angiogram, but earlier they said that she would need to go into the cath lab so that they could go up into her heart and fix the problem, whatever it is. And IF she stays and does get her heart fixed, then that just leaves her living longer and getting worse with the Alzheimers. That's what happens when you fix everything. Anyway, I cannot make any decisions about this. I am but one voice, and even if I were going to make the decision...I am not sure what I would do. There are no easy answers. Anyway, I hope that the Lord will just guide this situation, and do what would be best for everyone involved.
Popular posts from this blog
By
Unknown
-
I'm no longer "un-officially engaged". That's right. Your teasing and blunt hinting is old news. You all know the big news. No definite date yet, but it's looking like beginning to mid-July. *sigh* Long time. It actually works out great to do it then for when Katie's parents come home and Brigham's school stuff. I told Christa I'd put up pictures on here, but I realized I don't actually have many pictures. Mom and Dad have a few. These are a couple of pictures Pictures taken with my phone today. Better pictures coming, I'm sure.
By
Chad
-
Update on Me (if anybody cares) The Dr's office called yesterday and said they'd scheduled an appointment for discussing taking care of my thyroid through radiation. I said OK. Then, the Radiologist called me an hour later and said he wanted to do it over the phone, and give me the radiation treatment today. So I talked with him for quite a while. He says I have Graves disease (updated : I previously said White's disease), and highly recommended the radiation treatment, although there are a couple of other options. After weighing out the options, I've decided to go ahead and do the radiation treatment, because it doesn't completely kill the thyroid. It just severely hurts it. I'll be taking a good dose of Iodine-131 , which has the sideaffect of not being around my unborn baby for a while, which in turn means staying away from Erica. That won't be fun.
Comments