yep-- we survived the trip

Traveling with 2 children by plane was not bad at all. We were at the airport early and I showed Kiera the plane we were going to be going on:

"Look sweetheart, there is Kiera and mommy's airplane-- we are going to go for a ride on it to Utah"
(with a very concerned look on her face) "No ride on blue airplane. Go Kiera's house."

Shortly thereafter it was our turn to board. She recognized as we were collapsing the stroller that we were about to get on the blue airplane and she started screaming and wailing "no blue airplane! no blue airplane!". I was carrying Lydia in that baby carrier in front of me down the narrow airplane aisles, with a huge backpack on by back and literally dragging my screaming Kiera behind me as we found a seat. You would have thought I was trying to kill the little girl! But, once we were seated and the stewardess gave us some "airplane snack and airplane juice" we were ok. Lydia slept off and on and was perfectly fine. Kiera was fine too after the initial blue airplane shock.

When Kiera woke up this morning the first thing she said was "grandmas house-- lots of toys upstairs?" I took her up (everybody is gone-- it's just us) and gramps had set out lots of toys. She just stood there in awe for a minute taking it all in and whispered "wow!" It was like Christmas!
So here we sit like frogs on a lily pad since gramps is at work. Kiera keeps asking about baby Emmy (since I told her baby Emmy lives in Utah). I think she wonders where everyone else is too.

Comments

Gramps said…
Did they let you board before other people? I heard SouthWest was going to do away with letting people with kids board first.
Cambrienelson said…
nope. we boarded after the plane was half full
Marilyn said…
Ya kind of got to wonder why Kiera was so objecting to the blue plane!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results