Blogging from my hospital bed

Hey y'all. Today is much better than yesterday. Yesterday I watched LOST all day long as I was super nauseated, had a fever, and in lots of pain. Thanks Chad for lending it to me as it truly saves me on such hard days.
Today I'm not as nauseated but I'm weak and I'm doing the hypersalivation thing. It is totally gross and obnoxious, but I guess it isn't as bad as other things. I don't feel much like talking on the phone with a mouth full of saliva.
I'm optimistic about getting better soon and my guess is I'll be home monday. I have to say that my nurses are great and I love this hospital.
My abdomen has extra air inside (that is not supposed to be there) so it is really weird to be able to feel the air pocket moving around my abdomen and thus my bowels moving around and kinking etc.. It isn't a problem or anything, it is just weird.
Thanks for all of your prayers and concern. I think that the worst of this is now over and it will just get easiER from here.

Comments

Gramps said…
I'm SO glad to hear it's getting better. Mom will be there on Sunday to help. I hope you do as well as you did with Lydia. I worry about you Punkin'.
Marilyn said…
Hey, I am happy to hear that you are feeling better. I talked to Steve last night...and I am way glad that things are going better! Is he gonna bring some poppers into the hospital today so you can celebrate the new year?
Annette said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica said…
(sorry, I commented in my mom's log-in earlier. Whoops.)

So, what do you think about LOST? The final season starts Feb 2nd. :)

I'm so glad things are going better, or at least seem to be going better. I was in the hospital last year on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Kind of a weird experience. Let's hope no one else in the fam is in the hospital next New Year's!
Unknown said…
Lets keep hoping that you have "today is much better than yesterday" days for a little while and then it just keeps feeling "normal" for the rest of it.

So do you have a laptop that you're watching movies on and blogging on then? I don't remember you being able to blog last time.
Marilyn said…
I don't think we had a blog 2 years ago. Hey, Punkin! You can use your feeling better time to do your journal while your still in the hospital! You probably already figured that out though. But hey, you could catch up on a lot of missed life stories in the next 3 days before they discharge you!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results