An idea to throw to the wind and see what comes back

I (and some of you) have been playing with Google+.  I've been thinking it could be a viable replacement for this blog.  Here's why:

Circles.  You can create a "Groneman Family" circle (and a Dastrup/Kruger/Nelson/Boren/? circle) so you can selectivly share information.  Post in one place, share with whichever circles you select.  Only have something to share with this side of the family?  Easy.  Want to share something with both sides of the family?  Easy too.  Want to share something with family and friends?  Just as easy.

Why is this a benefit?  I no longer have to go to Christa's blog, Chad's blog, etc, etc. to see what's going on and we don't have to beg for you to post on our blog.   You post once, share with whomever, and nobody ever needs to go to more than one place. (Your Google+ page).

Pictures.  I can share my Picasa pictures and videas just as easy as I can share a "blog" post.  Whenever I'm on Google, I'm on Google+   To me this really looks like the next step up in a family communication tool.  What do you think?

Comments

Erica said…
I am not converted to Google+ yet, but that could change.
Chad said…
I like that idea. But everyone needs to be converted to Goog+.
Gramps said…
It's not "adding" a tool really, it's exchanging a tool. This page goes away, and it's replaced by Google+. It should make things much easier on everyone as well as making for better communication.
Cambrienelson said…
Sounds good to me
Gramps said…
We're in, Chad's half in, Cambrie's in......
Marilyn said…
and I am just along for the ride.
Unknown said…
I would have to convert everyone I know and love to Google+ to not have it be an addition to my life. Somehow I doubt that will happen.
Unknown said…
I'm in. As you know, I'm an infrequent poster to blogs. I'd likely keep my blog, and if I've got something longer to say, I'd post it there and link it to G+. As I've said before, I thing G+ has some interesting and potentially much more useful communication tools.

I actually don't really like the idea of having a combined family blog (Yes, I know a bunch of you will disagree with me). For blogs, I think it makes more sense for everyone to have their own blog, and make it follow-able on RSS readers (ie: Google Reader), and people can go to their reader for blog updates and comment on each other's blogs. However, I also know that because of whatever settings or alignment of the stars, there have been problems with being able to comment on other people's blogs (I think it's just a settings problem that the blog owner can fix).

But forget all of that -- Yes, I agree that Google+ would be a much better alternative. It's arranged great for just family communication (as Dad already pointed out) or more than just family communication. I'm much more likely to post there.

Lets put it this way -- I'll be @ G+ regardless of what everyone does. If we keep the blog, I'll probably still be a very infrequent poster and user. I think that G+ just makes a whole lot more sense with how it works.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results