THE CHRISTMAS SANTA CLAUS FORGOT

I feel ripped. I don't remember much about Christmas as I was drugged up and apparently slept through most of it. Even the parts I didn't sleep through, I don't remember much about. Christmas is my favorite holiday and I wait all year for it then miss it. Oh flarch. I have to apologize to you all for kind of putting a spoiling factor into your holiday....and don't tell me I didn't as I know better. I'm sad that Cambrie & crew had to leave early with that cute little granddaughter of mine and I'm sad that I wasn't much of a Grandpa to those two Dastrup boys. I'm sad that I didn't get to play games and have much fun with my kids. I'm sad you had to put up with me when it really wasn't me. I feel totally ripped.

I remember when your Grandpa Groneman went into the hospital for an operation when I was probably 14 or 15 and how it shocked me to see how frail he was during his recovery as opposed to the strong ex-Marine dad I'd always known. It seemed unreal at the time that he could change that fast to someone that wasn't really him in my mind since the dad I'd known was always healthy and strong.
Anyway, I'm getting better day by day. Yesterday was the first day that I wasn't in pain all the time. As long as I was laying down in the poof chair, I felt pretty good....and I quit taking all my meds. (It's now 5:45am on Saturday and I did take a Naproxin [Prescrption strength Aleve according to Brigham] earlier as nights in bed get to be painful so I guess I'm not TOTALLY off of them yet). I've been watching a lot of TV...which gets old. Chad brought over season 4 of 24 so I'll have something interesting to watch. I can get up and down without much problem any more. Yer mom still had to help me put on my socks yesterday....I'll see if I can do it today. I could sit on a chair for the first time yesterday, even if it was only for about 4 or 5 minutes. Your poor mother has had to put up with my lack of helping her around the house. I think we'll probably have our Christmas decorations up a little longer than we would like unless I get feeling better a lot the next couple of days. I go see the Dr. on Tuesday and I'm hoping by then I'll be able to sit long enough I can get back to work. (I'm typing this on my laptop while lying in bed...kind of awkward). All the Christmas pictures taken are on my desk computer and I'll get some uploaded hopefully sometime this weekend for you to see.

Thanks for ALL your help lately.....cleaning up, carrying boxes, hauling garbage, etc. etc. I've got a herd of wonderful kids.
HEY....I recorded Sleepy Hollow off of TV yesterday. Anyone want to watch it with me? Yer mother is a wuss with scary movies........ I like recording edited movies that look good off TV. I got Titanic a couple of weeks ago. Oh, and I can recommend Nanny McPhee as a very good movie.

Comments

Cambrienelson said…
We're sorry you didn't have the best of Christmases. Sorry we had to leave too. Well, the good news is that we're all getting together in April.
Chad said…
Get better.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results