potty training done

Kiera is 100% in "tinkling" in her potty for 5 days now (except at night). I'd say potty training is done.
I do have to say though that the transition from little potty to big potty was difficult (it didn’t help that Lydia was sick either). She would tinkle a tiny bit and then ask to go again 5-10 mins later all day long! Finally I was trying to make dinner and after being interrupted twice by her asking me to go (meanwhile my sick little Lydia cries hard when I leave the room with Kiera and if I bring her with she rolls around our nasty bathroom floor). So she came up and asked again “tinkles, mommy!” So I broke down and busted out the little potty and put her in front of the TV on it. I then picked up Lydia and nursed the poor little thing to sleep. Kiera tinkled quite and bit and was quite pleased with her self and pulled out the tray beneath the potty that holds the tinkles before I could stop her (I don’t run very fast when I’m holding a sleeping baby). Of course she spilled a little bit in the process. Any time Kiera spills even a tiny bit of something she will just dump/throw the rest of if and that is exactly what she did. All over the carpet/toys. I was so exasperated that I picked up the potty and threw it out the back door. “All done little potty! Now we tinkle in big potties every day!!!” The little potty has been in our flower bed in our backyard ever since. I'm glad to be done with that potty training mess. I know others have probably had it worse than my experience, but I was challenging nevertheless.

Comments

Marilyn said…
Kim, now you know why Cambrie has "poor carpets" and poor Cambrie is one proof more of being a mother!
Lydia is sick? What does she have. Poor little Jacob is sick too. He doesn't want to eat, but about 1 hour ago he must have puked up everything he had consumed in the last 20 hours. There is another "earn your parenthood badge" Hang in there, everyone!
Gramps said…
Elmo would be SO proud!
Unknown said…
I like the mental image of you throwing the potty out the door and saying "Now we tinkle in bog potties every day!"

Very nice Cambrie...
Katie Groneman said…
Ah... "bog" potties....

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results