Brett's Latest news -- BYU Idaho: I'M BACK



I think most of you know this already via Facebook, but for record-keeping purposes, this will be my last semester at the UV(SC/U).  I'm switching to BYUI's online RN to BSN program.  Even though I'm already done with one semester in the UVSC RN to BSN program and I won't be starting the BYUI program until after next semester (starting "Spring" or "Summer" 2010, depending on what your school calls it) I'll be finishing with it the same time I'd finish with UVSC's program. There's a few reasons for the switch:
  1. Online classes and homework:  Means I can (hopefully) get the work done faster if I want to.  Of course, as Chad pointed out on facebook, this will take discipline...  But that's what I have to do when Katie goes to teach school in the daytime.  
  2. Studying on the living room couch or in the back yard.
  3. UVSC was going to make me take classes 3 days of the week next semester, along with working 3 night shifts a week.  The switching back and forth from days to nights would be ugly doing it that often.  I don't see how I could have made it all work without working a couple of shifts before and after school days. 
  4. BYUI's clinical requirements aren't nearly what UVSC's are, so I hear.  
  5. While I'm very pleased with UVSC's RN program, I've heard that BYUI has a better RN to BSN program.
  6. Flexibility to take a trip if I want to.  I won't have to be chained to Utah Valley to make it to class 3 days a week.
UVSC has been pretty good to me, but adieu UVSC, adieu.


Meanwhile, Katie continues to have stellar performance as a first year teacher.  Her student's test results are right up there with  the experienced teachers.  Of course, she's well liked, and trusted by her coworkers.  They want her to stay.  And really, who could blame them?

We've joined the ranks and started our own blog.  While we were trying to get a blogspot address, I tried for http://brettandkatie.blogspot.com.  It turns out that there's another "Brett and Katie" somewhere.  And they're apparently LDS too, married in the Timpanogos Temple too, they live in Utah, and they took our same cruise we took (Different cruise line).  But they're not as awesome as we are.  Naturally.


The basement is awesome.  We haven't seen too many spiders crawling around as of late.  I think we have our 20 or so glue-traps to thank for that.  They're all holding plenty of spiders -- none if which are crawling.  If you want to be grossed out, I can send you pictures.  And as there's been discussion about people visiting people, we might as well invite you all over to our place too!  We can blow up an air mattress in the front room and let you play Super Nintendo all night, or better yet, you can sleep in the landlord's house.  They won't mind.



Comments

Cambrienelson said…
Go Brett go! Looking forward to attending class in your jammies!

Way to put it on the blog for historical purposes too! Good job!
Cambrienelson said…
Previous comment & this one from mom
Cambrienelson said…
This comment is ACTUALLY from Cambrie.

I don't envy your spider haven.
I think it is awesome that you are going to go to BYUI and I think you'll like it.
Good job being a good teacher Katie. I'd like to be a fly on the wall.
I'm excited to check out your blog!
Chad said…
I couldn't help but notice that you named your blog "Bert and Kate plus 8". Assuming it's not eight dead batteries or eight cats, when can we expect #1 of 8?
Gramps said…
Nice update. Add your blog to the blog list here.
Gramps said…
Oh...and Marilyn. You'd think you'd learn from your mistakes...or are you really having an identity crisis? ;-)
Marilyn said…
This blog doesn't want to accept my login...Thus I appear, once again as Cambrie! But there is hope folks: I am coming home SUNDAY (MOM)
Marilyn said…
OK, it is possessed, and I give up trying to figure it out!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results