Game night fun


Yesterday we had a fun game night.  Buff was working, but the other two Groneman families were there.  A couple of games of "Ticket to Ride" and a few games of "Scrabble Slap".  Buff actually was able to get off work and join us to play a few games. My kids must cheat though, because I didn't get to win any of the games :-(  I went and got rolls and BBQ pork and Apple Fritters from Walmart.  I also made my world famous cheese dip.  I do believe there was some chocolate consumed during the course of the evening as well.  At one point in the evening, someone made the comment that everyone there was a Groneman.  Interesting.  Little Emmy was fun to play with for a while but she got sleepy and went right to be without any fuss.  Cute little gidget.  Anyway....I had fun!  Thanks everyone for coming over and helping me not be so bored while my sweetheart is gone.  Speaking of which, I couldn't get Cambrie out of my mind the entire evening.  I *so* wish I could do something for her besides share my wife.  I've been copying our family video tapes to computer again.  This time I'm not burning them onto lousy DVDs but keeping them on the computer.  Two copies on separate drives (one external) so they won't be lost.  It's been fun to sit and watch my family growing up again.  As I watch, I want to hug each one of my kids...when you're with them all day, every day you take them for granted.  Watching the videos, I wish I could go back.  Having 5 kids was SO FUN.

Comments

Erica said…
It was fun to be together and play games, but I agree that it was hard to be here together when we know the hard times happening in California.
Christa said…
Sounds pretty good. You Gronemans better enjoy your domination while it lasts because there is about to be a Dastrup invasion! Right now there are 8 Gronemans in the family and 9 non-Gronemans, so we still win.
Marilyn said…
Sounds fun! We will have to do it again when I get back.
Gramps said…
Christa: We need to count Groneman's by weight. Me, Chad, Brett...we win. (I count for two of you.)

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results