DRUM Rolling.........

I had a GREAT DAY yesterday. Stevo was home and kinda took over with the little girls who prefer him to me 20 to 1...so that left me with some time. So I decided to go back to the new.familysearch and do some genealogy.

They have this new feature just added last month where you can go from your ancestor to their decendants...which opens up a whole new realm of possibilites as far as finding people who haven't had their work done. I actually read an article in the Ensign probably 9 months ago written by George Durrant, "Picking apples at the bottom of the tree" (or something like that) that talked about doing that. One is only responsible for one's direct line of ancestors, their siblings and their children; but one can extend that to their grandchildren etc, so that is what I did. It was GREAT!! SO much to find there and so easy to find them! I could teach any of you who are interested in 5 minutes how to do it!

I AM THRILLED!! TO PIECES!! THIS IS WHAT I HAVE WANTED TO DO FOR YEARS, only it only just became possible 2 weeks ago! I did it for at least 6 hours yesterday and would have done it longer except I was 1 1/2 hours past my get ready for bed time! It is addictive!
Now, I will have family names to take to do at the temple, and I will have them to share with my siblings and kids to do too! I am not sure how many men I should reserve to do though, Chad Brett, and maybe ...Steve, Brigham...if you can help with the temple ordinances, let know!

Comments

Gramps said…
"I could teach any of you who are interested in 5 minutes how to do it!" It's a wonderful offer, but I think I'll pass thanks.
BUFFY said…
I WANT NAMES TO DO BAPTISMS!!!!!
Marilyn said…
You got it, sweet BJ!
BTW, I will have female names for anyone that wants to do them too. But with me doing 3 sessions every week it will be not so hard to get those done. But there is plenty to share with anyone in the family who wants to do the work!
Christa said…
I'd like to do some once we get there. That would be cool.
Unknown said…
Sure, though I can't do it too immediately.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results