I am glad I came when I did!

So originally my plan was to leave to come home today. Cambrie said she didn't think I needed to stay for any reason...but I was hesitant to go because she isn't supposed to lift anything for 6 weeks or so. And there was the issue of the crib and the High chair. But I figured out that the high chair would be a floor chair if you didn't attach it to a normal chair. And they have a toddler bed for Kiera in the girls room...but she usually takes her naps in the parents room...so with Steve there to pick Lydia up out of her crib in the AM and put her down at night...Lydia take Kiera's bed for naps...well that eliminates the need to lift her. And Cambrie still has probably 50 meals in the freezer so she's set that way.
Still, yesterday AM I had no intentions of leaving. There was supposed to be more heavy rain in So. California and I didn't want to be driving in it. But I took Steve to school and he told me that the rain wouldn't start till afternoon. I thought, well I can beat the rain out of here then! And while Utah had snow in the forecast, so did the next 4 days, and of all the days yesterday looked the best, so I decided to do it! I wanted to get home to my honey and home! He is such a sweetheart and makes me feel so very LOVED! :)
My trip up the pass into the high deserts of California was a little hair-raising...in the clouds (fog) heavy rain and wind...making me wonder what I had been thinking! But once I got up above that cloud, it was dry roads all the way back to Cedar Hills!
On the other hand, this morning they closed all the schools in So Utah because of the heavy snowfall they had received last night and this morning. So, if I had kept my plan of coming home today, it would have been pretty much a nightmare! We got snow too. But only about 1 inch.
Dorthy was right though: THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

Comments

Katie Groneman said…
We're glad you're home. Dad's footsteps were sounding lonely upstairs. Good luck to Cambrie on that not lifting Lydia thing - hopefully Lydia will be ok with just being able to cling to your leg.
Gramps said…
It was pretty lonely...thank goodness Brett and Katie brightened my evening on many occasions while my sweetheart was gone.
Christa said…
Glad you're home safely. Good luck, Cambrie!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results