In an panic to not have to be "the one that provides the sour straws for the next family reunion" Here I am! The first day I have been at the computer for over a week! Course, I really don't have anything fun to share...other than the fact that Chad stuck around last night after the fathers day dinner after everyone else went home or to bed and we just chatted ! It was fun! I don't get enough chances to talk to my kids. But actually, I got to get caught up on BJ's life for about 1 hour this morning after she woke up (she came here after her shift at The Charleston to finish laundry etc). So that was another highlight in my life!! (REALLY) And hey, I got to talk to Cambrie, Christa Brigham and Benjamin and to listen to cute little Jacob, AND talk to Brett when he came for dinner, so yesterday was fabulous.
So I have a question for Chad and Brett...Did you REALLY want to play dice with us last night, or were you thinking that was the only game Grandpa Groneman could play? The thing is, it certainly isn't my favorite game. I mostly tolerate it. And if you feel the same then I don't want to have to play it just to accomodate grandpa or else you will not ever want to come over. Grandpa just enjoys being around the family. We dont' have to always modify what we would like to do for him. And if we do, that is the sort of thing that would make me resent his being here. I don't want to sacrifice my relationships and my kids desire to come over so we can make an attempt to include him in a game that isn't great...just the only one he can play. So I would like an HONEST response please. If everyone loves it but me, fine...I am happy to accomodate the groups real desire...I just have a hard time understanding why anyone would want to play a game that was 100% luck!
Kim thinks that I am writing a book. I perceive that perhaps he thinks I should be done!
I am feeling better today...I am off of my backside, functioning again, which is a great thing! love to everyone ...mom

Comments

Gramps said…
I want to play what the kids enjoy playing. I enjoy almost all games and it doesn't matter what we do or play as long as it's what the kids want to do, and I agree it shouldn't be just something to ensure Grandpa can play.
Unknown said…
Um, I had no problems with playing dice. It wasn't influenced by Grandpa at all. You'll notice that he didn't do that great anyway. Sure, it's fun to play games that take skill, but nobody really had an opinion yesterday, so I just decided on that 'cause nobody said they would rather play another one.
Gramps said…
Good. I was glad you made a selection.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results