Some of you may have heard this story before, but for those of you who haven't, I posted this on the Dastrup Family site.

I have always loved dogs ever since I was small (in fact, I am told that my first word was “doggy”), and I confess that I have subtly tried to infuse that love into my children. I was forced to come to terms my complete failure in this effort today, however, when I was taking my kids for a walk. I was pushing Jacob in his stroller, and Benjamin was pushing Moo in his little stroller when we came across a neighbor walking her long-haired chihuahua. Benjamin has always been wary around dogs and never seemed to care for them much, despite my efforts to present them as wonderful animals. As we approached this well-groomed dog wearing its little bow tie and bell, I said enthusiastically, “Look at that cute tiny dog!” Benjamin continued to push his stroller, but looked up at me and asked, “Can we run over it?”

Comments

Marilyn said…
This is such a great little story, I really think that you ought to send it to the Reader's Digest to make a quick $300.00 in "Laughter, the best medicine". Too bad I don't have anything that great or fun to post on here! Thats because I don't have any cute little boys around to entertain me!
Gramps said…
HAHAHAHOHOHOHEHEHEHE. What a boy.
Gramps said…
Another dog "joke" HERE

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results