WERE BACK!
yesirrree, we are home. we had a great time. Kim had to bite his tongue on many agitating moments in an effort not eat Anne in some of her exasparating moments (like, last night at 10 pm when she wanted to drive into Jackson 40 min round trip so she could buy laundry soap Or like when she caused a panic at the BarJ Wranglers dinner show because she lost her purse, which was actually back at the condo!) I know we have our quirks too, that they also must have been trying them....but we had fun.

It is a tradition that I would like to keep alive going somewhere once a year with my siblings/spouses. I would rather do it with my children, but we can't afford to pay everyones way on those kind of adventures, and until our kids are out of school/and the dating scene, it doesn't seem like it would work. Hopefully it will be before we're too old to do fun stuff with em....

One good thing/bad thing. It is really the same thing. My new bridge that had to be RE-done about 3 months ago fell out while I was brushing my teeth today. The good news was that at least we are home from Jackson. The bad news is that I have to deal with this AGAIN! They are supposed to last 10 years and this one has only been in 3 months! And there isn't much left to glue it back onto. I fear I may have to have a post put in. And my insurance Co isn't going to pay for this, because it hasn't been long enough since they paid for the last one. So I am distressed and disgusted and I have a sore mouth and rediculous lisp and "look like you are from the Ozarks". (Thanks Kim!) Always so good to lift my spirits.

One more sage piece of advice free of charge to all of you:
DON'T EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE ALLOW A DENTIST TO PUT A BRIDGE INTO YOUR MOUTH!
Your welcome!

Comments

Gramps said…
Oh, let me explain how I had to bite my tongue. We were supposed to leave for Jackson Thursday at 9am. We show up. Anne is gone. Guy says she forgot she had a Dr. Appt. [sigh] There are bags laying by the front door so we put them in. Turns out it was Angela's dirty laundry from camp. Ok....we went hiking on Friday. At about 2pm Anne says she wants to go to a restaurant because she's starving. We have a river run/dinner a 4pm. No matter...she won't be swayed so we all go eat a BBQ lunch. On the river, Kathy & Ann say they're not hungry and Kathy says she didn't get her money's worth because she didn't eat her dinner. [sigh] At the Bar-J Wranglers dinner/show Ann has everyone running around looking for her purse. She has the announcer announce that her purse is missing. Just before the show starts she wants to go home....we talk her out of it. When we get to the condo, vioala! There's her purse. We should have never shown Ann there was a washing machine in the condo. She's obsessive/compulsive when she sees one. While we went hiking on Saturday, she and Kathy stayed home and...you'll never guess....did laundry. But that was after she did a batch of laundry the day before (she had to wash all the towels after a single use) The washer was going strong when I went to bed Saturday night. That's the highlights. Too many lowlights to mention. I needed Prozac to cope.
Gramps said…
Oh...by the way, what I said was "look like you're from Tennassee" not the Ozarks. I didn't say anything about the Ozarks! If you're gonna quote me, get it right. :-)
Gramps said…
Ah...don't worry Marilyn. Nobody reads this so it doesn't matter what you say.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results