Jackson Hole Trip
Left for Jackson on Thurs AM. Guy & Ann rode with us in our Prius as it gets good mileage without feeling like riding in a tin can. Our condo was just down the street from the place we all stayed a few years back in Teton Village. Thursday night we went to Bubba's BBQ for dinner and just walked around the Teton Village area. Friday we got up and went to Jenny Lake and took a short hike. That ended when we went back to Bubba's for lunch (see my comments on yer mom's post for that story). We went on a white water/dinner trip in the afternoon evening where we did the same stretch of river we did with you kids, but stopped on the bank for a steak BBQ (see my comments on yer mom's post for that story). On Saturday we got up and hiked up Cascade Canyon, between the peaks of the Tetons, on the most beautiful hike I've ever been on. . We ran into a moose while up there. That night we went to the Bar J Wrangler's dinner show. (see story below.....yada, yada) All in all we had a great time, even with a few minor(and they really were minor in retrospect) frustrations. I'll get the pictures uploaded somewhere on the internet so you can see....I've got some good ones like this!...... Oh, and yer mom's heart behaved just fine. She hiked a LOT farther and faster than ever imagined she could after her recent heart issues. Overall I had a lot of fun. (By the way...in case you haven't figured it out, you can click on these pictures to see a larger, better looking version.)

Comments

Gramps said…
HALLELUJA!!!! I took the trouble to post some pictures and an account of our trip (as did yer mom) and someone FINALLY COMMENTED! It's a miracle! Kinda makes one wonder if posting stuff on the blog is worth it...... Thanks Cambrie! I'm very happy you enjoyed it.
Christa said…
I haven't posted because I'm still upset that you'll go to Jackson with Aunt Anne but won't come to Baltimore to spend time with your only grandsons. So there!
Gramps said…
Well we need to quit taking so many other trips then. Have I ever told you I HATE the East coast?
Gramps said…
By the way, going to Jackson with Ann was NOT my idea.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results