I unexpectedly spent tonight in the Riverwoods Urgent Care facility for an hour and a bit. I got a pretty good cut above my eye. Cambrie and Steve already got to see the cut a little bit over the webcam as they were helping me decide if it was worth getting stiched or not. The webcam probably didn't give the most vivid picture of it. I'll post pictures later when Cherie emails them to me. To make a long story short, of course, the seriousness of these cuts have to be measured by the number of stitches. They told me that it was a pretty good cut (which I knew from first hand experience) and that if I hadn't come in, it would have turned into a really bad ugly scar. He said it will still turn into a pretty good scar, but not as much. The cut was about an inch long. They put four stitches inside of the cut to keep it all together in there and 17 stitches on the outside, for a grand total of 21 stitches.

If it were blackjack, I would have won.


I'll tell all about what happened later. For now, I'm going to go put some ice on it and go to bed.

Comments

Christa said…
How many times to I have to tell you not to go for the smooch on a first date, Brett? I bet you'll think about it twice next time, eh?
Cambrienelson said…
At least you will have one more scar to tell a story about... guy's love to do that.
Marilyn said…
my grandma used to always say that everytime Grandpa left town, one of the cows laid down and died.
Geez, I can't leave town for 5 days without one of my kids having a catastrope!
Hey Brett, I hope you bask in all the attention those people gave you in symapathy...something good ought to come outa it!
I just have one question: How many kissed it better? and who were they (just a followup on the first you know!)

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results