Chad - House, Work, and Anecdote

House first. To answer everyone's questions, I close on August 20th. But while y'all are here maybe we can swing by the house.

Work... So I've been at my new job for a week. I really like it. I still feel a bit lost while I'm working, but my boss says I'm doing far better than he had expected. I guess it's good to set low expectations.

Anecdote... Today around 3PM I was wandering around the halls at work looking for someone I needed to talk to about some things. I didn't know where he sat, and after I had wandered through everyone, he found me. I pulled up a chair and we worked for 30 minutes or so, and then we headed back to my desk. He trailed a bit, and asked, "How long have you known about the blowout in your pants?" My initial thought was that of a diaper blowout. But I realized I was past 3 years old, and that was not what he was referring to. "Feel your backside", he said. And so I did, and felt nothing, and told him so. He told me to feel my pocket, and again, it all felt normal. Wallet was still there. But no, a little to the left... my pants had a 4-5" rip alongside the pocket. I overtly made my way back to my desk, hiding my rump from view as much as possible.

I had a long shirt on, and thought about untucking it to cover the tear. But I decided I would rather look like I had some sort of an accident than look slobbish during my first week of work. I decided to stay an hour after work, so I could leave after everyone else.

I have this thing where I wear pants 3 times before I wash them. And I remembered this was the same pair of pants I had worn on Wednesday. At work. All day. While wandering around. And I don't know when the rip occurred. Maybe this helped with the low expectations mentioned earlier....

Comments

Cambrienelson said…
Well, at least you were not wearing purple underwear........right?

I'm excited to see your new place! Although it may spark some covetousness.
Marilyn said…
Great blog entry, Chad. Made me laugh, and I can always use a laugh. So, I take it that this was a NEW pair of pants? Reject, reject...
Gramps said…
All I can say is.....BUMMER dude [snicker]

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results