Kiera has a new fascination with tummy's and belly buttons

(suprprisingly, she can still identify my belly button although it is almost non-existant and my g-tube site is very prominant). She has to see everybody in the household's tummy at least 3 times daily. I've been telling her that there is a baby in my tummy for a while now, but I think she may finally understand because now whenever I talk about it she comes and gives my tummy 5-6 kisses and occasionally hugs it. It's cute, I'll have to get it on video.

In the past week Kiera has mastered the use of the word "please" (although she says it "pease") she always signs it as she says it (rubbing chest in circular motions). One of Kiera's favorite foods is peas so I started heating some up for her last night. She got excited when she saw the bag of frozen peas and said "peas!!!" while signing 'please'. So I guess for Kiera the sign for please not only helps us ask nicely for what we want, it also referrs to tastey little green balls that are fun to both eat and play with on our plate.

Last story: Kiera calls herself "dah-do" when asked to say 'Kiera'. Dah-do is also how she says "amen". Amen and Kiera sound a lot like dah-do to me.......

It's fun to have a little lady.

Comments

Gramps said…
Cute little Gidget. Thanks for sharing.
Chad said…
That's funny. Does she want to touch & kiss stranger's bellies?
Stevo said…
Referring to Kim's comment--Dah-Do!!!
Erica said…
I have a new fascination with tummies too. My new discovery this week is that I can grab my tummy when I'm sitting down, and I feel like I'm holding the baby. It's cute (to me). :) We're 16 weeks along!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results