Yesterday we got a good preview of the Olympics. They broadcast some of the Olympic tryouts on NBC - we watched women's high dive, and women's gymnastics. We've got a rockin' diver - She scored a perfect 10 on one of her dives. Our gymnastics team, on the other hand, needs some work. I went to sleep half way through. Erica says two of them pulled ahead quite a bit and were able to show they were olympic-worthy, but the others were struggling. Anyway, NBC will broadcast some of the tryouts. Most of them look like they're on Sunday.

On another note, tomorrow (Tuesday) is Primary Day in Utah. There are some interesting races going on in Utah's 3rd district (which is where we live). In case you wanted to know, after my inspection of the two close races, I'm voting for Chaffetz for US Representative, and Ellis for State Treasurer. I don't like Mr. Cannon's attitude of "I'm important in Washington, so vote for me". He seems out of touch with his constituents. On the treasurer's race, I like Ellis' resume better, and I believe Walker did try to bribe him out, and I don't want anyone who offers bribes having a chance at being treasurer.

Comments

Erica said…
After looking at both candidates for State Treasurer, Ellis is a no-brainer in my opinion. This is definitely the first time I've ever even looked into State Treasurer. It feels good to be an informed voter in that area for once! I agree too that Cannon has been an embarrassment to our state one too many times, and I really don't like his attitude.
Gramps said…
I've seen Cannon in a few debates and on the news over the past few years. His "I'm important, I know what's best, everyone else is dumb" attitude really, really grates on me. In his last race...don't remember who his opponent was, in the debate he answered every question like a politician...basically skirting the questions and saying what he wanted to say whether it was relevant or not. I don't like the guy. My guess is that he'll be re-elected though because he's so ingrained into the hearts and minds of "good Utah Valley conservatives".

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results