Nelson happenings







Kiera still loves her 2 blankies. She also loves dressing up and especially loves "pretty yadie shoes" (dress up shoes). We took Kiera hiking in the foothills behind our house last week for a study break for Steve. She liked it. I think she is going to LOVE hiking in the woods someday.She was 100% potty trained before albaturkey and is now 100% un-potty trained again. I'm starting my last set of clinicals this week so I'm not going to start up potty training agin. Looks like we'll just have to continue spending $100 a month on diapers for a while.










Lydia has been our little spit-fire lately. She is seeking revenge in grandma's behalf on her mommy. She loves unloading everything and getting into everything. Steve thinks she is just as opinionated as I am and thinks we are in for a difficult daughter. We'll see. I introduced the hose to her this week which she loved.

I just finished our annual "NOW" (Nelson Organization for Women) convention. It is a fun tradition the Nelsons have started of getting all the women together to spend quality time together once a year (since every time we see eachother otherwise we are too busy with child care and food prep to be able to spend quality time together). Anyway, it is fun. I'd love to do something similar in our family.....someday when we are all done with school and potentially have time and $$!!!

One more month until boards. One and a half until I graduate. One week until my half marathon is over. Nobody around here is counting down though.....

Comments

Malesa said…
Lydia's behavior sounds like Aubrey's. That's funny.
Katie Groneman said…
Cute pictures! Sounds like a busy time of the year - maybe someday everyone in the house will be potty-trained... even Steve.
Marilyn said…
you are so right! I love the picture of Lydia with all the plastic bowls on the floor!!! It was the best laugh I had all day!! :)

Kiera was soooo very nice in not getting into trouble. Welcome to a normal baby! I do love it and it is so cute, especially when you don't have to pick it up anymore! Thanks for sharing!! Bye bye house of order!!!
Erica said…
Fun pictures! First time mom speaking here...how does a toddler go from being 100% potty trained to 100% un-potty trained?
Gramps said…
As usual, I love the pictures. Cute girls. Sounds like a lot of things are happening in your lives in the next few months. Hard work pays off!
Gramps said…
Oh...Brigham/Steve/Chad/Brett....when are we getting together for a man's weekend?
Christa said…
As soon as you boys never get to leave your job 24/7 you'll have earned a man's weekend. I think the idea of a ladies' weekend ROCKS! When can we start?
Marilyn said…
Any time you people want to! Sounds great to me...but when will your men be able to tend so we can??
Cambrienelson said…
Mom--After boards. I motion that it be at my place! I've got 4 boogie boards!

Erica-- toddlers frequently do that. They say never to potty train child #1 close to child #2 being born because they will frequently go from being potty trained to unpotty trained when #2 is born.
Stevo said…
I'd recommend a Man's Weekend during BYU football season, but I'd probably only get a few positive responses back...maybe we could do ATV riding in the morning and a football game in the afternoon!
Gramps said…
Marilyn, I'll be happy to tend our kids while you do a girls retreat. I'll go with your idea Steve.
Erica said…
Sorry, Steve, but I don't want to miss any of the BYU games. So if you're okay with me coming along to the game, then I'd be up for that.

As for the boogie boards...sounds so fun!!!
Marilyn said…
So, Katie, Erica, and Christa...what do you think? Shall we meet at Cambries and have a girls retreat!
KIM! Gosh! How sweet of you to VOLUNTEER to watch our kids! That has got to be a first... :)

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results