New job

I got a job today. I start thursday. I'm really excited because I think it will be perfect for us in our situation right now. I'm going to be doing home care, but unlike my last 2 home health jobs I'll have just one patient and I'll stay with them for the whole shift. So for now I'm going to be taking care of a 9 year old developmentally delayed boy who has TPN (that's what I was fed with my first pregnancy for all you non-medical people). For the first 3 weeks my schedule will be 4 hour shifts, but then I'll be doing 8 hour shifts (3pm-11pm) 4 days a week. Because Steve gets home at 5pm my girls will only have to be babysat for 2 hours on the days that I work. So no real hardship on family life. We'll probably have to cut a few things out of our life (less blogging on my part) but I think we'll do just fine. I'm excited that I found a job so perfect for our situation (I get to pick my own hours and my own days). Blessings.

Comments

Gramps said…
Great...extra money coming in is always welcome, especially when you have a cause. What do you do when you have to go to work and Steve has the car...or Steve has to pick up the little ones and you have the car?
Unknown said…
So how in the world do you have a job with the flexibility of choosing your own hours when you're needed there that much? Do you stand there and watch the TPN drip? I mean, if you will be needed that many hours of the day, how is it that you're not needed on the days you choose not to work? Whatever it is, good job on your good job. I hope you like it lots!
Cambrienelson said…
I had the same question bert. "So what do I do? watch the TPN infuse?" But this kid has lots of other meds, has a tendencey to pull out his picc line, and some other things so I shouldn't just be sitting staring at him the ENTIRE shift.
Dad-- The car situation shouldn't be a problem since steve rides his bike to school and our babysitter will watch the girls at our house.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results