Today is Kiera's 11th day with fever. After being mis-diagnosed on friday I decided to to take her to urgent care today. I actually think she is probably almost done this, but Lydia has had the same thing for 5 days and I do not want to go through another 6 with her just as bad as Kiera so I took them both.

As you can imagine, 3 1/2 hours by myself at an urgent care with 2 fevering very-sick little ladies was NOT easy. The doctor said Kiera most likely has the flu and they tested for it but he said most likely she'll be over it by the time we get test results back. Lydia had 2 infected ears, 2 infected eyes, and I respiratory virus as well. They didn't test her for flu (although I wish they would have-- I didn't think of it!).

For the last 2 hours of being there Kiera was crying for "pink milk" constantly as if it was the only thing in the world that could help her feel better. Of course I was telling the doctor that Kiera isn't eating and barely drinking so I doubt they believed me with her crying for milk. Of course, when i got home and made strawberry milk for her she had one sip and then refused to drink anymore.

Comments

Chad said…
Poor girls. :(
Gramps said…
I feel so bad for them. I feel helpless.
Erica said…
Poor girls, and poor Mommy! I'm so sorry. :(
Marilyn said…
Wish you were closer so I could help you out! I sure hope they are about over it!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results