break time

This is a random time to blog, but I'm exhausted and taking a break.

We just got the key to our new place and we'll be taking a load of stuff over as soon as my girls wake up. We'll be getting our truck next friday though. They decided to drop our rent $25 last minute. Nice. I just loaded our car with the necessities of stuff to take over for our first load: hand soap, tp, snacks, diapers, cleaning supplies, a few toys. As I finished filling the car I thought back to the days where I could put ALL of my posessions in my little red car. Yep, those days are gone! Here goes nothing.

Call us crazy, but we are going to be camping in our backyard tonight just for fun. We wanted to make a yearly tradition of it, but our new place doesn't really have a backyard and it is really noisy since it next to the tracks so we'll be going tonight. So, we'll pause our moving process to have a little fun with our little ladies.

funny story: today I was babysitting a 4 year old boy and he was telling me all about the game of soccer. "you've got to kick the ball into the net, and everybody chases the ball". Kiera was listening intently to what he was saying and chimed in sweetly, "Cinderella went to the ball!" He looked at her with a disgusted look and went on explaining the game. I couldn't help but laugh.

well, there are my girls awake. We're off to take the first load!

Comments

Marilyn said…
That is hilarious! I LOVE it! You know, sometimes you just really have to wonder how those 2 very different things got the same name.
Obviously, he didn't realize which kind of ball is the most important!
BOYS!! (Huh, Kiera!)
Marilyn said…
Oh, and good luck with the move! At least you know that Dastrups are doing it too! Misery loves company, after all!
Gramps said…
I loved the phone call from the tent. It was fun to talk to Kiera and Lydia while they were camping.
Marilyn said…
Stevo, it seems to me that perhaps you are failing in your role of teaching your darling little princesses what kind of "ball" IS the most important. Not doing a very adequate brainwashing job yet...tsk tsk tsk! :)
Score one for the ladies! YAY!
Erica said…
I laughed out out at that story. Funny girl! :)

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results