The quest continues....

Ok, I'm officially getting fed-up with the trying to find a surrogate situation. It is a huge emotional roller-coaster and TONS of work to find someone who matches up personality-wise, financially, spiritually, geographically, has the correct health insurance, etc.. Below is a very shortened condensed version of my surrogates who I've arranged so far.

1. From NM. Dumped me because someone else was ready financilly sooner than us.
2. From CA. Dumped me because she got back together with an former fiance.
3. (#1 again). Increased her princes by a few thousand dollars after I had already spent $760 on her non-refundable plane tickets. Told me the price increases were NOT negotiable so I dumped her (and lost my $760-- she gets 4 plane tickets).
4. From ID. My current surrogate but I'm learning not to say that anything is for sure. She just gave birth to surrogate twins 5 months ago. She went inactive from the church during her last surrogacy because of some very-small-town-judgement going on in her little branch in Idaho. She is a medical assistant for the town's family doctor so during her last pregnancy she had an ultrasound almost once a week (this is according to the previous intended-parents who LOVED having her a surrogate and had nothing but good things to say about her).

So I'm starting the process with surrogate #4. I'm hoping to get the ball rolling really fast this time. Oh, and something else I really like about Mrs. Idaho is the fact that our arrangment with her is going to cost us an estimated $18,000 less than Mrs. California.

To celebrate our savings in surrogates, we bought disneyland season tickets today. It was SOO much fun to see my cute little ladies' faces at disneyland. Lydia got so excited when she realized where we were. Today was the first time she has ever made ride-requests and she made them LOUDLY. Kiera went on some bigger rides such as Soarin', Matter-Horn, and the toon-town coaster. Fun day...even if Lydia did puke on the way home.

Comments

Erica said…
Wow. I can totally see how that would be an emotional rollercoaster. The new surrogate seems like she has some promise, so that's great news. We're praying for you guys.

(Oh, and great job with the Disneyland season tickets. I doubt you'll regret it. They're the perfect age and so into princesses!)
Gramps said…
Yea...what Erica says. I can see why the surogacy thing isn't your everyday process. Too bad you lost your money to the jerk in NM...but it's a good thing things weren't further along than that with her. I really hope things work out for you with the gal in Idaho.
Marilyn said…
Yes, I am saying prayers for you too, along with a few other members of our family who would like to have children.
I am glad that you got season tickets again. You probably only have 1 more year at best to do that even if you stayed in Calif. Can you imagine taking 4 children under 5 to Disneyland?

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results