REPORT: Attack of the killer geese
I had to go to a meeting in one of the other buildings on the Novell campus yesterday. As you may or may not know, Novell is next to the "mill race" (canal) and there are always a lot of ducks and geese there. Well as I was returning from my meeting in the COLD and tried to go back to the building where my office was, two very white, very large geese were standing in front of the door to the building. As I approached, the geese decided they didn't want me going through that door. Now envision these birds that, when standing erect, their heads are about up to my waist. Now envision them trying to bite me all around my legs. I tried pushing them out of the way with my feet to no avail. After about 5 minutes I was able to push them off long enough to get the door open and get inside while kicking at them to keep them out. What a relief when the door was finally closed! It was a harrowing experience and my pants and shoes will probably bear the imprints of goose lips for quite a while to come. No worries...your dad is safe and sound, but will probably have nightmares for the next few nights and hide in the basement whenever a flock of geese flies over the house from now on.

Comments

Marilyn said…
He says that he is emotionally scared for life! Brigham is currently working on the psych unit rotation...counseling is needed Brigham!
Christa said…
We're glad that you are still with us, Dad! Your story gave me gooseflesh! (Ha, ha! Hey-- I am a mother, so I'm entitled to tell a mother joke from time to time!)

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results