Food, glorious food!

This past week I purchased some Cherries. They were 1/2 off, so I could splurge on them. I tell you, if I lost my job, I bet I could make some good money picking cherries - they're regularly like $8 per pound. I haven't had cherries since we used to pick them while riding the swings at Grandma & Grandpa's house. There's something about a fresh cherry's flavor that is never matched elsewhere.

We also had my hometeachees over for dinner on Memorial Day. I made Manicotti. It's not your traditional Memorial Day meal, but it works. I did something I've never done before with it. I put two on each plate, sprinkled them with real Parmesan cheese, and put a spring of parsley on top. It made it look all gourmet. I was impressed with myself. Erica was impressed too, so I was that much more impressed with myself.

Erica's latest favorite food has been Ramen noodles. I feel bad for her.

Food's good.

Comments

Erica said…
Chad has been getting a lot of experience in the kitchen, since I can't stand to be in there longer than 10 seconds before I gag. He's a great cook (even if my latest request has been ramen and watermelon--not necessarily together)! :)
Marilyn said…
Aren't you done with your first trimester?? Isn't it time to get better? (Yes, I know: It is way PAST time!!!)
Chad, what inspired you to have hometeacher over for dinner on memorial day? THat is certainly not something you learned growing up...

Fresh Parmesan cheese on anything is great! One of those Heavenly foods! If you like Magleby's breadsticks, then try this. Rhoades dinner rolls. Melt butter and add a little garlic salt. Shape the dough (when thawed) into breadsticks..roll in the butter, and then in fresh parmesan cheese. Let them rise and bake. NUMMY! (I usually put a little more of the grated cheese on top of the rolls)
Cambrienelson said…
I'm with you on the cherries. Good stuff.

Good for you for taking over kitchen-responsibility for a while. Erica certainly isn't faking it to get out of work! Poor thing!

We love having people over for dinner and do it frequently. We've found that we make alot of good friends that way (the type who are more than willing to help out when we need favors).
Unknown said…
I asked the grocery store if they had financing available to those who qualify for cherries.

Maybe some of you will have better luck than I.
Erica said…
Today we're at the 12 week mark, but for some reason this past week has been the worst so far as far as morning sickness goes. The doctor said a week and a half ago that the yuckiness should only last for another week or so. So any day I should be feeling back to "normal," whatever normal is for a pregnant person. :) We think that my body just wanted to go out of the first trimester with a big Hurrah.
Marilyn said…
It will be a hurrah alright when you lose that nausea stuff!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results