Hello family, i guess it's that time again. Time to update you all on what has been going on in my exciting life.
Well a couple of weekends ago, I got to go see the Music Man and then go to disneyland in the same weekend for Free! For the most part, it was really fun but the last part of disneyland was kind of spoiled by my crazy roommate who went with. But in other news, she has moved out so that is very good. She's going into the army on the 18th and she was driving the 3 of us that are remaining in the apt. crazy...she still kind of is to an extent but at least she's not living here anymore.
Well my life just got really busy recently. I have to go to school for 28 hours a week and then, as part of my program, I am required to work at least 32 hours a week as a CNA while I'm in school. And then I sleep for 56 hours a week and have to study for at least another 14 so, regardless to say, that doesn't give me much time to do much of anything else.
I do love my new job! Everyone who works there is really happy and it's a great working enviornment. They do a lot of stuff for us to show us they appreciate us. I've got a cool pen and bag that have the "Totally Kids" logo on it that I can take to work... it's not much but is SUCH a contrast to the place I was working at before. The kids that are there are so cute! I'm so excited to be able to work there where I can make a difference in their lives....cause even though the employee's there are a lot better than where I used to work, they still don't give the kids nearly enough love and care as they need. Some of these poor kids can't move at all except for their eyes and have tubes and wires sticking out of them but are very alert and aware of their surroundings. They never get held because "if you hold them, they'll want to be held all the time and we just don't have time" according to my trainers when I tried to pick some of them up to hold them. It was really quite sad and completely rediculous because, after we finish giving the kids their shower's around 11 pm, we have nothing to do except check on them every 2 hours. Anyways, I asked the DON last night if it was alright if I hold the kids and she said absolutely so I don't care what the other CNAs say, I'm going to hold those kids when I have them. I'm all finished with the training so I'll have my own group of kids and it will be up to me to decide how I take care of them. I'm so excited to start! Those kids are adorable (although not as adorable as my niece and nephews) and desperately need more love. Anyways, that's my rant for the day.
that's what's up in my life. Not much social stuff going on anymore. posted are some pictures from disneyland of the Tower of Terror ride we were on and 1 of the many cool characters we met...I have more pics but I won't post them because, as you can see, my crazy ex-roommates apparel wasn't exactly the most modest and I won't be offended if you all decide to veto the pic from the blog.

Comments

BUFFY said…
PS, i'll put the rest of my disneyland pictures in my pics for you all to see if you choose.
Gramps said…
I guess your new boyfriend is OK. Not exactly a snappy dresser, and his ears are a little big, but at least he looks happy....no...maybe Sleepy? Grumpy?...
Christa said…
I'm so glad that you are there to give those kids love! Kids like that break my heart. Give them an extra squeeze for me. You are great!

PS-- How did you do Disneyland for free?
BUFFY said…
The guy that is in the picture had a couple o friends who bought the tickets and then couldn't use them so they gave them to him. And then he as a friend that works there that can get in 2 friends when she works so we all got in free.
Cambrienelson said…
Amen to what Christa said. Man, that reminds me of what the nuns said about orphan babies in Ecuador "don't hold them, it will just teach them to cry". Hold em buff, hold 'em.
Marilyn said…
YEAAAAHHHH! She DOES still know how to blog. Proud of you buffy! Good to finally see your pics! And of course I am with everyone else...love on those little guys as much as you can!
Erica said…
That's awesome, Buff. I bet your job is so rewarding--and probably more than for the other CNAs who don't want to hold the kids. You're awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results