I know you were all curious so here's what's going on in my world...

Marriage stuff. Yep. Katie and I actually signed up to live at Wymount online yesterday. 1st floor 1 bedroom apartment on the south west side close to University Parkway. We got it about a week ahead of the wedding so we can move stuff into it.

We went with Katie's uncle a little while ago to Salt Lake City and got some pictures of our beautiful selves. He's a photographer who usually does more nature scene photography, but he was very nice and offered to take pictures of us. I'm very happy with the results. We got some good pictures. I put together a little announcement of sorts. I think we like it enough we're going to use it -- with a couple of alterations.



We started to register at Target... I'm Not sure that we'll be using that registry at all. I wasn't impressed with their a-bit-thicker-than-tin-foil cookie sheets. I need good cookie sheets dangit. I figure that if we're going to get pans, it'd be nice to have them last (and look somewhat good) for more than 6 months. I don't think we've for sure decided yet. I'm thinking Wal-Mart might be a better place to register. I know some people are against the corporate empire idea, and some people think it's low-class, but hey, there's a Wal-Mart by everyone and I'm low-class enough to shop at Wal-Mart instead of my sworn retail enemy Bed Bath and Beyond. I have problems with telling people they should buy me a $59 banana holder.

For fun last Saturday, after I got off of work, we went up AF canyon, built a fire, burned old homework assignments and papers, and old notes/letters from people of the past. We then cooked biscuits that were smashed and stretched over the end of a thick dowel, and when they were done, we filled them with strawberry jam and whipped cream. Good thing we got all those notes and letters to cook our food with.

And a few days ago, we made an amazing cheesecake in a spring-form pan and put melted chocolate on the top with chocolate-covered strawberries on the top of it.



I love my life. It's fun. Be very jealous.

In the meantime, I spend my days at a hospital usually, which can be fun by itself, but more importantly it lets me have more fun out of the hospital.

Comments

Marilyn said…
AREN'T THEY SO DARN CUTE TOGETHER??? I LOVE IT!
Marilyn said…
Click on the announcement and you will be able to see the rest of the pictures. They got some great ones!
Christa said…
YUMMMMMMMMM! So what became of the scrumptious-looking cheesecake? I hope you are going to demonstrate some of those sweet skills for us when we come before the wedding-- otherwise I may not believe you actually did it.
Chad said…
I also need good cookie sheets dangit. Those cheap slightly-thicker-than-tinfoil sheets come with a lot of dingit, which really looks bad after a while. Gotta be careful and make sure people know what you're after.

What if I want to give you a banana hanger for your wedding gift?
Cambrienelson said…
Good blog bert. I like the announcement-- well done. Steve and I lived on the very mostest south-westest side of wymount. Wymount was good to us.
Cambrienelson said…
P.S. I'm glad you are registered at DI
Erica said…
I'm super impressed with the dessert skills! Yum!! Sounds really fun too.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results