Yesterday was a landmark day for the Dastrups. "Why?" you ask. Because we were able to take Jacob hiking for the first time without him crying the ENTIRE hike as he did on our last two attempts! It was wonderful. We went to Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument, which is only about 45 min. from our house. There are some cool rock formations that look like upside-down ice-cream cones (or tee-pees) that I've never seen before that were supposedly formed by volcanic vents. We hiked through some slot canyons and really enjoyed ourselves. During our whole 2+ hour hike, JD only required about 15 minutes of Baby Einstein towards the end to stay happy. Success!

Comments

Gramps said…
That looks like SO much fun. They are very interesting rock formations. I've not seen anything like it. It sure looks like Mr. Jacob is a pretty big back pack full.
Marilyn said…
Fun stuff...how close to your place are these tent rocks? I haven't ever seen anything like it either!
Chad said…
Those are cool formations. I'm glad the kids let you do it.
Erica said…
Great pictures! Christa, I especially like the close-up of you...you look adorable! And you're hiking even (there's no way I look that cute when I'm hiking)!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results