I've been so crazy busy the last couple of weeks that I haven't been able to be on the blog much. And I don't see things getting much calmer before Christmas, so I thought I'd give a quick Dastrup update.

Brigham is working 30 hour shifts every fourth day and wondering why he chose medicine. The rest of us are wondering who the scraggly, bleary-eyed man is who drags himself in to eat every now and then.

Benjamin is going through a really adorable phase where he loves me more than everything else. It's great! He tells me at least 20 times a day how much he loves me and prays for his "sweet, sweet, sweet, adorable princess mommy" every time he prays. We'll see if this lasts after Christmas-- maybe he's smarter than I think he is...

Jacob is a darling terrorist. He has figured out how to open doors, so nothing electronic is safe anymore. He has decided that he HATES grocery shopping and will scream from the moment you put him in a cart until the moment you take him out. He has also decided not to tolerate anything less than warm weather. So much for my running! Finally, he has found something that he loves even more than Baby Einstein-- NASCAR! Yes, a couple of weeks ago I could hear him making very excited noises from my room, but the TV noise didn't sound like Baby Einstein, which he usually turns on. I went in to see him going crazy over the NASCAR coverage on TV! What a kid!

Comments

Erica said…
What a great update! Thanks! It'll be great to see you and your cute family next week!! :) (Hopefully Brigham will get a little bit of a break at least...)
Gramps said…
Poor Brigham. I know Brigham said long shifts make sense in a way because of continuity with patients, but 30 hours is more than ridiculous. No human can function at decent capacity at 30 hours. Sounds more like a team initiation than a residency. It's unbelievable especially when people's lives are at stake. What's the logical reason for a 30 hour shift? As for Jacob watching NASCAR, that made me laugh out loud.
Cambrienelson said…
Ugg- 30 hours shifts. I remember the horror stories of some of my other brother in laws doing them. Makes me glad steve is in dentistry.

Lucky that Benjamin loves you so much. Kiera is in the I'm-too-busy-to-cuddle phase, although she does occasionally give me kisses.

Jacob loves his cars! that is so cute!
Marilyn said…
You know, I don't even understand how adults can enjoy watching cars go around and around in circles forever...well, maybe they are on a 2 year old mentality too!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results