HEY! I actually feel NORMAL today! No Flu effects left---YEAYYYYYYYY! Life is great aint it???!!!! Course, if it was viral, it will probably come back. But I feel good today! And even when I had it, it could not conquer my joy!

Can I just say HOW MUCH I LOVED THIS WEEKEND? IT WAS SO WONDERFUL TO HAVE MY FAMILY ALL HERE FOR CHAD AND ERICA'S MARRIAGE! And it was so fun the night of the Christmas party too. My heart is so full of warmth and joy, just remembering it! And even though the nasty little bug put a not so wonderful aspect into it, already that part is nearly forgotten (except that I keep wondering and being concerned over Chad's and Ericas health on their honeymoon). Chad, as soon as you come down from Cloud 999 enough to read this, let us know how you two are doing/did. The whole wedding day was just a great event!!

It seems SO WEIRD to me that Christmas is one week from today. It is the same feeling I had after Brett was born Dec 28. When I came home, actually exiting the hospital it struck me as strange that people were still celebrating Christmas/New Years, as those events seemed so terribly insignificant to Brett's birth. I have that same sensation again. We just did what was an important and huge event...how could Christmas still be coming and how could it possibly compare to what just happened? And the answer of course is that it won't! And you know what? I am just fine with that! I am so content with what just happened that even though we won't have any of our children here on Christmas morning, and possibly only Brett and Katie after he gets off work at 6:30 pm, I don't feel bad. Because you were all just here for a great event in my world's history. I feel complete, and I don't need Christmas to feel more complete, happy, or content with my life. We don't know what Chad and Erica's plans are but both our boys and their sweethearts are invited for Christmas dinner and games at 7 pm, and we would be delighted to see you all. I hope all of you can feel that same joy I feel, in spite of the fact that we won't all be together this Christmas.

Erica, I just have to say how very sweet I thought your comments were at the luncheon. Actually, what you said there was my favorite part of the day. You shared a very personal insight about your life and your feelings and struggles, and it was just beautiful. It made me cry, but they were tears of joy that my son has "reeled in " such a jewel that you are to spend the rest of time and Eternity with! I feel overwhelmed with gratitude to have you as my daughter in law! Thank you for filling a void, not only in Chad's life, but Kim and I's too (as we had yearned for him to find you for years). We LOVE YOU!

Comments

Erica said…
Thank you, Marilyn. The 14th was definitely a day I will not be forgetting anytime soon. The luncheon was beautiful. Thank you for all you and Kim did to make it such an awesome setting and experience. I love you!
Gramps said…
Merry Christmas Eve Erica!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results