So being 30 is painful, but my birthday itself was good. Benjamin apparently put a lot of thought into my birthday present. According to Brigham, they had a conversation that went something like this: Benjamin: "We've got to think of something great for Mommy's present!" Brigham: "What do you think she would like?" Benjamin: "Well, I know she really loves two things-- me and her Roomba... but she already has those. Hmmm... she likes to brush her teeth... maybe we could get her a toothbrush!" His great plans were foiled however when I went to the dentist two days before my birthday and got a new toothbrush there.

To celebrate my birthday we went out to Wendy's for lunch (because what better way to celebrate a special occasion than with a kid's meal?), and Jacob was hilarious. I was walking him around while Brigham ordered the food, and he kept zeroing in on people who had fries. He would walk me right over to them and would NOT be turned out of his path. I had to pick him up when we got close to prevent him from helping himself, and he would get mad! He was super excited when our fries finally arrived and refused to be deterred by the fact that they were hot. I looked over to see him shaking as he was chomping on his first fry, and I had to fight him for it so I could cool it down. He definitely ate more than Benjamin and myself. That boy's all American!

Comments

Marilyn said…
That Benjamin is a thinker! I remember breakfast with your two boys. Jacob had fries and Benjamin had pancakes. I can't believe how much both of them ate. I miss those boys.
Marilyn said…
Oh..the above was me (Kim) posting on Marilyn's computer.
Cambrienelson said…
I was considering getting you a toothbrush too!
Gramps said…
Oh man.... :-( Well, great minds think alike. I guess you can save my present for summertime.....

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results