Tragedy strikes in the Nelson kitchen:

So, it would be easy to try to blame my problems on the 2 sick babies who were at my feet and clinging to my legs (well, periodically), but in actuality there is nobody to blame but myself.

I made some orange rolls which I planned on giving to neighbors/Friends with some oranges. I was ever so upset when I realized that I burnt half of them. "oh well" I thought, "at least I have about 12 that are not burnt". But no-- I discovered soon after pulling them out of the oven that I had forgot a vital ingredient: salt. Ooops 2 little teaspoons of salt make a major difference in taste. Then to top it all off, I cooked my very first turkey today (16 lbs) and overcooked it so it's a bit nasty to eat. Now THAT was an expensive mistake. AAARRRRGGGG!!!!

PS, I still ended up giving some orange rolls to 2 of my good friends. I figured that they would like me even of the rolls were not that hot.

PPS don't forget to check the Nelson blog-- there is a cute video there. you don't get to see it unless you venture that way.

Comments

Gramps said…
What's the URL to the Nelson blog?
Marilyn said…
Hey, you joined my club! Saltless bread---BLAH! But if you lightly salt them before you eat them, they are nearly as good...so you can eat them yourself. I am handing out rolls and strawberry jam I made for our neighbors.
Cambrienelson said…
URL????

Website: www.stevecambrieandkiera.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results