I was reading an article today about three women being ordained as Priests in the Catholic church, and I came across a line that made me stop and think. "The Catholic Church has always said women cannot be priests because Jesus did not have female Apostles." Wow. I don't want to single out the Catholics because there are other churches that don't get it either, and every religion has good people. It's just that the article is about the Catholics. There are three key things the quote (in conjunction with the rest of the article) demonstrates:
  1. They don't know WHY Christ had no female apostles.
  2. They either don't have revelation, or have not used revelation to find out and understand the WHY.
  3. They believe the Windows of Heaven are closed, and that revelation is not to be had anymore.
It's also interesting that they really can't stand on their own argument, because they don't have apostles in their church. There is the law of Moses that talks about the priesthood going to the men, but that's the old law, which Christ did away with. I don't recall the new testament specifying anything about the gender of priests. All the Catholics (and others) have is their traditions.

The answer to number two is that they don't have revelation, because they don't have a true prophet. I am so grateful that we have a true prophet!!! Not only do we have a prophet to teach us about the priesthood and its organization, but he also teaches us how we can receive revelation ourselves! Heavenly Father confirms to us how the priesthood is organized, so that we don't need to wonder why. Some might call that following blindly, but only because they don't understand how personal revelation works. I know personal revelation works. Even though there are some things about the Gospel I don't understand, I have the personal revelation that lets me know they're how God wants them.

Comments

Marilyn said…
Yes, the more I study the gospel, the more I appreciate it! We are SOOO blessed to have the full gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. It blesses me in EVERY way and I am so happy because of it!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results