Happy 4th, Every Single One of Y'All!

So I was gonna keep it a secret, but then I decided to share my shame with you. I got a speeding ticket. This was the first one since my ticket in Lehi, so I had the option to going to traffic school. Of course I took it.

Last week I went in and paid the court fees and the traffic school fees so I could go to traffic school. They gave me my papers reminding me of when traffic school is, my citation, etc. I went back to work and noticed that they had given me papers for someone else... with my same name. You know how half of us have a duplicate somewhere out in the south end of the valley. Well, they gave me the information as if I was the other guy. I called and told them they gave me the wrong info. They said to bring it in a few minutes before traffic school and they'd fix it.

Anyways, I went to traffic school yesterday, hoping the cop would want to get an early start on his holiday. It turns out he wasn't interested in starting his holiday early. But anyway, I brought in my info to the traffic clerk, and found out that the TICKET was assigned to the other Chad, and she couldn't change it. The citation was written out to the correct Chad (me), but when they put the ticket in the computer, they assigned it to the other one. Since I attended traffic school, it won't count on his record, but unless they are able to get it fixed, the other Chad better not get a ticket in Orem in the next 12 months.

I wonder if the reverse has ever happened, or if it will happen.

Comments

Cambrienelson said…
crazy stuff. Have you ever met the other Chad? I did traffic school online and mailed in my test (actually, it was due while I was really sick so Steve sort of did it for me). Online was nice, and cheap.
Marilyn said…
Weird! When they gave you the ticket, didn't they look at your registration with the correct info on it? How did that happen, unless the other Chad is a frequent flyer?
Christa said…
My brother is a law-breaker? You'd better not tell Benjamin. He'll think you are a "bad guy".
Erica said…
Apparently, the "other" Chad's family is in our stake, and we've been able to learn quite a bit about him, but have never met him.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results