In case you all were wondering: yes we definately felt the earthquake down here. It felt like it was about a 3.5 -4.0 in our area but it was a 5.8 about 30 miles from here. It seemed like it lasted about 40 seconds which is the longest earthquake I've ever been in. Kiera and I were just playing and we moved closer to the side of the bed when it happened and I held her on my lap (which she was mad about). a jar fell off of our shelf, but other than that nothing happened. Pretty crazy stuff.

Another subject: I would just like to say thank you to Uncle Sam for helping us out in our time of financial need. I signed us up for food stamps today and we got it. It will be VERY helpful to our budget. I'm glad we can use the program for a while, and then contribute back to society later on.

Comments

Chad said…
Glad you're ok. Was anything good in the bottle?
Gramps said…
I didn't even know there was an earthquake. I'm with Chad: What was in the jar? I need to know whether to weep or wale or gnash my teeth.
Marilyn said…
I talked to BUFFY. She said it was "cool". Lets hope it just stays "cool" while they are all in So Calif.
Erica said…
From the news today, sounds like it was pretty bad--they said it was a prep for "the big one." I'm glad you're okay.
Cambrienelson said…
empty mason jar folks. Sorry- nothing exciting.
Marilyn said…
tragic! that is one bottle of apple pie filling you won't be able to do!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results