I have finally figured out a way to de-clutter my kitchen/family room when the family is here. It has always bothered me to feel like wherever one went when the family is here that you're surrounded by mess...no place to fix food even without having to clear off lap tops, cell phones purses etc...along with all of the toys out of the attic...and diaper bags and camera bags/camera's strewn around...etc. Well, we really didn't have a good place to put those before...but NOW WE DO!! Today I went to Walmart and purchased another shelf unit to go on top of the one I already have in the wash room. There is a full shelf for the Nelsons stuff, and a full shelf for the Dastrups. There is also a half of a shelf for anyone's laptop that isn't actively being used. And cell phones have been a problem being in the way while they are recharging too. So, I think if you need to plug in to recharge, I will ask you to do that in the room you're sleeping in.
Things have really improved with the toy clutter. Now that we have a toy shelf downstairs we can rotate toys...only bringing up 3 boxes at a time. We really need that many up anyway to protect the TV, and all the electronic stuff behind the glass doors from toddlers who would like to get to stuff in there. We put the boxes in front of those units, and that helps to protect them. Benjamin surprises me that he will actually go downstairs to play with toys by himself. I forgot that he is used to that at home too. And he realizes that with some of his toys, if Jacob could get to it, he would mess it up. So Benjamin can play with the toys un-bugged by cute little Jacob.
I hope you all will enjoy these changes as much as I will. God's house is a house of order, and the Spirit leaves in a mess...and I need the Spirit in my life. I am excited that I can now enjoy my family without all of the clutter!

BTW, family. Christa and the boys will be coming back tomorrow (Sat). She wasn't planning on coming back until Cambrie Came. Cambrie is coming at 12:05 tues EARLY morning. Good luck with that punkin! Anyway...anyone that wants to party on...we are party central for the next week until Brett and Katies big day!

Brett spent the day today moving into his new Y mount married student housing. They got a place on the ground floor, surrounded by trees. Kim says it is a good location. Sounds small...but probably bigger than the "Hobbit Hole" right Dastrups? Anyway...one week till they start a new fun part of life!

Comments

Cambrienelson said…
yeah for Brett! Who cares about the size of a place anyways when you are getting married? I'm sure Brett and Katie will be so glad not to have to deal with roommates' messes and sharing a fridge with 5 people! I remember my good ol' wymout days! I'm so excited for Brett and Katie!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results