Date: 13 August, 2008
Time: 0859, MDT

I sat at my computer, hitting the F5 button, waiting for the link to change. What link was that? The link to buy tickets to the UCLA game!

It happened. I quickly navigated through the "Best Seats Available", then sdf8i3 CATCHPA test to get the tickets.

"There are no matching seats found. Please try again". Which I did. Same result. I called up BYU Tickets. I was on hold, listening to a message about high call volume.

I left my desk and headed out to the car, cell phone still pressed against my ear. I drove down to the Mariott Center, hung up, and got in line (about 10 people). I got to the desk and asked for UCLA tickets. "Okay. We have some on the very top row, against the rail". Hmm... That's pretty high up. I know! "What about season tickets?" I asked.

"We have some available still". I whipped out my phone again and called Erica. Multiple times because of no answer. What should I do? Will she be upset if I spend money to get season tickets? Aagh!

"I'll take two season tickets".

Lucky for me, my wife is a true blue cougar, and was excited about the season tickets.

Comments

Gramps said…
Some times you gotta make those command decisions and hope your spouse will understand. I've got the physical and emotional scars to prove I've done it a couple of times.
Marilyn said…
Whatever! :)
Brigham said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brigham said…
Chad, tears welled up in my eyes as I heard this daring tale of devotion to the cause of the Cougars.

Erica, congrats on realizing the eternal truth that money comes and goes, but football memories are forever.

Go BYU!!!
Cambrienelson said…
Steve is jelous.
Stevo said…
Chad, my finals are the week after the UCLA football game so that would be a no-go...How'er, maybe if Erica goes in to labor or something I could take her spot and we could go to a different game together
Cambrienelson said…
Steve-- if erica goes in to labor Chad better be with erica (not at a football game). nice try though.
Erica said…
Thanks, Cambrie. :) Chad is very aware that I expect him to be around when this baby is coming. Luckily, BYU's last home game is the first week of November, so I doubt (at least I really hope) our little girl doesn't come before then.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results