Just adding to Kims previous entry:
The robber didn't have an escape. He'd found a loose corner of the screen that would push inward, but couldn't be pushed outward. So yes, he was pretty nervous about being trapped in the trailer. We left the door open, so he could escape...but he was still on top of the counter with a 3 foot drop-off. Course, he didn't think that would be a problem...he climbs up and down vertical surfaces every day...so imagine his surprise when he couldn't cling to the side of the cabinet. He sort of slid/screetched his way to the floor and then to the escape out the door. I had taken Knoka Bars up with us. I decided that he should have the left over peanuts. And they also got to feast on our leftover melon scraps and bread etc. I told them as I left, "You will miss us!" Nice to know that we won't depart un-noticed! :)
Yes, I did see a cougar. He was probably about 50 feet away from us. Saundra must have flushed him out when she went through the stream with her ATV. He was running away from us, so that was good. Sometimes I wonder what in the world I would do if some vicious critter like that was going to attack us instead of run. Clem (who took us down to Casto Canyon last fall) carries a pistol in his ATV trunk, which he used to kill a cow who was suffering terribly last fall. It would be some security to have for your rare animal attacks in nature.
Randy felt really bad that he hadn't seen the cougar and he went back to camp without us. He isn't as into the whole ATV thing as we are. But he took a little drive over to our old camp, and lo and behold, he saw a cougar there too. Weird. That was the first one I have seen up there...and it has been about 7 years since anyone saw one, but we saw 2 in one day! It was a fun trip.

Comments

Cambrienelson said…
I'm not so sure I would enjoy camping knowing that there was a cougar around town.... but then again.... I sleep with a cougar every night and I have miniature one who runs around our house
Stevo said…
Go Cougars!!!
Gramps said…
No worries punkin'. We see far more bear than we do cougars.
Marilyn said…
yes, dear, I am SURE that made her feel alot better!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results