WHAT A RUSH!!!!!!!
Yesterday was my neighbor, Kristen Simons birthday, so I took her over a little gift, but while I was there they invited Kim and I to go with them up to the Alpine slide/resort. Kim didn't want to go, but we did go to lunch with them. I wasn't planning on going without Kim, but they ALL were pushing me to do it (Kim included)...so I went. THAT WAS THE MOST FUN I HAVE EVER EVER EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!!! I HIGHLY recommend it.
The cost was pricey, but way worth it. It was $60.00 for an all day pass or $18.00 per ride on like the zipline, slide, and alpine coaster. The Simon's wanted to do the all day thing, and I knew if I said I would just watch they wouldn't have done it, so I did it too.
At first, I was thinking it was a big mistake. Saturday afternoon, the lines were long, and I figured we'd probably be lucky to get 3 rides in...not worth it. But the good news/bad news was that it rained. Everyone (about 97%) of the crowds went home, but we were wet. But I am totally glad it rained! We had a BLAST!!!
You take the tram 2/3's the way up the mountain, and get in your coaster and hang on for the wildest, fastest, crazy ride of your life! I have blisters from hanging on to the grips so hard. It is tottally safe, because your harnessed in, but the driver has to hang on because if your not pushing down on the lever, your cart will stop. I LAUGHED, SCREAMED FOR SO LONG THAT MY RIB MUSCLES WOULD ACHE! That has NEVER happened to me before. And the rain only made the track even faster, so going over a little bump left me airborne! I started to loose my voice by the time the place closed at 10 pm, and I was not just trying to make a lot of noise...I just couldn't help myself! On a scale of 1 to 10, ten being the most fun I have ever had before, it was a 20! Pricey but worth it! Kim was saying that you don't even pay that much a day at Disneyworld, but my reply was that I never had that much fun at Disneyworld either....and I didn't have to fly to get there, or pay for a hotel either. Cheap for such an amazingly fun day!!!
They need to have a family pass for a day and we should all go do it!
I definitely want to do it again, but I would go on a weekday, while kids are in school, and then you would have the place to yourself! They have alot of other fun things to do too...but the alpine coaster beats them all. SAVE YOUR $ folks! CK and Brigham, I will tend for you if you want to go up there while you are here. Little kids all day passes are $30, but I don't think Benjamin would enjoy it...it's too intense for him I am sure. I saw some kids coming down the mountain with the look of shear terror on their faces!! But ya'll need to try that!

Comments

Gramps said…
[sound of tumbleweeds and dust blowing up a deserted western movie set]
Katie Groneman said…
I haven't been on the Alpine Slide in years. It is fun. They used to have a really cool mini-golf course right there too... was that still there?
Marilyn said…
Hey Katie! Someone DID read it! Yes, the golf course is still there, along with a rock climbing wall, a Bungee/trampoline thing which is really fun, and they have a maze, a merry go round, swimming pools, and I can't remember what all else, cause we didn't do it. But lotsa fun!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results