A day at Laguna Beach!

I will have to request that someone else add pictures to our blog, as I don't have the know-how. But we did have a fun day at the beach! It was funny: As soon as we arrived, and put down the coolers, and spread out the blanket...before we even had the umbrella up, Lydia kept saying: "All done!" with a bit of a quiver and trepidation in her voice. She just stood transfixed watching the waves roar in, one after the next. They made her very nervous! Kiera too wasn't at all sure that she liked the idea of that roaring noise that the ocean made, but she warmed up to it. Cambrie had brought the little green lawn chairs that sit about 4 inches off the ground and I was sitting in one. Lydia approached me and grabbed my hand and said "'mon" (come on, grandma) and pulled me to get up. As soon as I got up and asked where we were going, she sat down in the chair and was done with me! (I just get NO respect around here!)

Lydia, I don't think remembered the ocean from last year (not surprising as she wasn't even 1 yet) she spent a long time just standing and watching the surf. We built sand castles. Brett and Katies won the beautiful castle award, but theirs got washed away in the waves, so ours won the endurance award.

There were tide pools there too. We climbed among the rocks and found lots of mussels shells, anemone, LOTS of hermit crabs. It was a fun and beautiful day at the beach. We had nummy food galore and great company (wish you all could have been there!)
Good times were had by all! Currently, Cambrie is at work, Stevo, Brett and Katie are at the REAL Salt Lake/ whatever pro soccer team in LA game. So the fun continues. But we will pack up bright and early and head for home. We are all grateful that we aren't going to have to fight Vegas traffic coming this way on our way home! :( That would be BAD!

Comments

Cambrienelson said…
blogging from work here. man, my job is tough. yes, the beach was fun today. Very fun day.
Gramps said…
Ha...Lydia stealing your chair is funny. :-) Sounds like a good time, but I'm glad you're on your way home.
Christa said…
I LOVE the beach. Ty's never experienced it yet-- I can't wait until he does!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results